Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
Thanks for the comments so far!

I'm really curious of those of you that travel just as a couple really find the 1/2 bath need is as strong as those with families? Sure, we entertain in the coach...and sometime get ready at the same time. But what level of importance do you place on it?
We often travel alone, just the wife and me. We could do just fine with a single bath if thats all we had but we like the bath and 1/2 so much that its atleast an 8 on a scale of 1-10. If we never had it, probably wouldn't care much about it. Much like full wall slides and satilite TV once you have it, you pretty much always want it.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the lack of hairspray residue on the floor and the counter in the half bath. Wouldn't be without it!!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
If you dry camp water and power usage of macerating toilets typically used in rear bath can be a consideration.
Some coaches, such as mine, use the Dometic SeaLand vacuum system which actually uses less water than a standard RV toilet or macerating toilet.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
We have a 2 bathroom Tiffin 36' gas coach.
Love having powder room that gets used by guests and ourselves most of the time. The full rear bath which has the shower is plenty spacious.
While in motion the powder room is easily accessible
Once you have both it's hard to go back to one.
We have a 2008 Georgetown with a bath and a half. Love it.
gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We cannot use our back bathroom while underway. Having two baths keeps the kids from tramping through the bedroom with their shoes on. I found that having a bath and a half allows the master bath to have a huge shower which is a plus. I don't think I would buy a coach without it ever again unless perhaps the main bath had double sinks.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #20
HHg

Absolutely !!

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We travel as a couple in our gas bounder and LOVE the half bath. Just too many times when we want to use both or as was said when slides are in. We didn't want it at all before if that gives you some guidance!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
All the kids are gone and have their own RV's. We have just one bath, however, the toilet room is privately separated by a locking door from the shower and sink area which does keep us from running into each other or having one person completely take up the bath area. On only a few occasions it would have been nice to have the half bath available for grandkids, but for the vast majority of the time one bath works out fine for us. The bath, of course, is fully accessible while under way. I'm sure, as other have mentioned, the more of something we have the better. But, if we were in the market for a new MH, I don't think the half bath option would be something of a "must have" for us....speaking of course as an old retired couple.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:07 AM   #23

Wouldn't give up the bath and 1/2, we travel with just us in the coach most of the time. If the grand kids or guest are traveling with us they have a bath to use and not wake us throughout the night. The biggest reason is because I am a early riser, it allows me to get up close bedroom door make coffee turn on tv read all my emails use the restroom and never wake the wife.
Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
We have had 5 units in ther past 12 years. Had one bath til 3rd rv and went to 1 1/2 and would never go back. Had units from 35 to 45 ft. Purchased new 2104 and when at show we only looked at 1 1/2 units. It is only my wife and me and I have the 1/2 and she loves the full back bath.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
I'm really curious of those of you that travel just as a couple really find the 1/2 bath need is as strong as those with families? Sure, we entertain in the coach...and sometime get ready at the same time. But what level of importance do you place on it?
We full-time and previously owned a bath and a half model. Personally I think it's wasted space and when we bought our full-timing rig we both decided against getting one. However we did want a separate toilet area so one can be on the loo while the other person is showering or brushing their teeth.

Level of importance for us = 0 because we value more living and entertaining space.

BUT there are lot's of people who love them and that is why manufacturers are making more of them. This is really something you have to decide on what's right for YOU.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
I thought a bath and a half was a horrible idea. My wife thought it was an important consideration. With use, I have to say it has a lot of advantages. More separation if you are traveling with others at night. You don't get awakened because someone is using the bathroom on the other side of a rather thin wall. I get a little more black tank storage capability. For just the two of us, it doesn't make much difference. Travelling with others or entertaining makes the whole experience better.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Two 40 gal. black and two 40 gal. gray water tanks came with our bath and a half HR, which I think is the biggest advantage of having 2 bathrooms. Besides the 'no waiting' aspect, we can go over a week without a dump station visit as long as the CG has clean shower facilities. We absolutely love the HR and have no plans to move to another unit... but if we did, it would be another bath and a half model.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:45 AM   #28

Bath and 1/2

At one time most people only had a single bathroom in their house. Now most have at least 2 or 3. I would never just have one now.
Same goes for the coach.
OP stop over analizing and go for it. Too many questions.