Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #29

Looks simple to me. Do whatever the DW says!!
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question: Is it worth it?
Answer: YELL HES (As Dr. Spooner would say it) It is very worth it.
WHY: as RVers we travel, now if you do not buy expensive bottled water then when you hook up in a new city you get water that is a bit different from what you are used to.. This can lead to what I call "Frequent Flyer Miles" and with the bath and a half.... 2 holes, no waiting.. Very worth it.

On my coach the full bath is in the rear, behind some slides, so when I'm no the road there is no access.. It is very nice, Shower, double vanity, macerator toilet (Water hog though).

The half is 'amidships" as it were, BEFORE the rear slides so it is accessible, traditional RV type Gravity toilet (See-Land). back when Wife was alive this was "My" toilet (She used the macerator) it is also my radio room and workshop with a couple slight mods.. one thing about the RV type toilet is it does not spray up and out like a home toilet does (At least not normally)

But that two holes, no waiting.. Very nice.

One thing I do plan to change (Since I need to do some work in the room anyway) The front toilet is a "Round" type.. I prefer an Oval.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Everyone is different in their wants/needs. It may be more important to you if the rig will be for full-timing. We are vacationers and have a single bathroom; we have no complaints. Of course, we have only ever had the one RV, so we don't miss what we've never had. (When we buy another, we may consider the bath and a half, but it won't be a deal maker/breaker.)

In my somewhat limited experience, I have never seen a single bathroom motorhome where the facilities aren't accessible when the slides are in. How ridiculous would that be??
Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
In my somewhat limited experience, I have never seen a single bathroom motorhome where the facilities aren't accessible when the slides are in. How ridiculous would that be??
While it's not exactly "inaccessible", the single bathroom in the Phaeton 40QKH bunkhouse is quite a feat when the slides are in... that is unless you don't have any belly fat . How do I know... well that goes to the topic of this thread.

We were ready to make the upgrade out of our Winnie Vista 35B bath & 1/2 bunkhouse gasser. The only diesel bath & 1/2 bunkhouse that we could find under 500k was the new Winnie Forza, and we didn't like that for several reasons. At that point, my question to the DW was which did she prefer more... bath & 1/2 or bunks? She chose the bath & 1/2, and the rest is history... happy wife, happy life! While we talked about it in great detail, I can't say (don't know) the absolute factor that she chose bath & 1/2 over bunks since we both appreciated the indoor storage of the bunks the 80%-90% of the time we didn't take the grandchildren. However, I must say that I'm liking bath & 1/2 much better than I think I would the bunkhouse had that been our choice instead.

There was also a comment about the "extra capacity" of the bath & 1/2 models. In my current Phaeton, I don't think it makes a difference since everything goes to the same single black and grey tank. The previous Vista had two blacks and two greys. While that was nice, they were a real pain in reality... at least to me, the one who did the dumping... since one set of black & grey was in the very last compartment, and the other set of black & grey was over several feet away in front of the rear duals. Even if I did buy a "Y" to connect the two sets of tanks, the distance was far enough apart that I wouldn't have any elevation left after the hoses came together.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post

We were ready to make the upgrade out of our Winnie Vista 35B bath & 1/2 bunkhouse gasser. The only diesel bath & 1/2 bunkhouse that we could find under 500k was the new Winnie Forza, and we didn't like that for several reasons. ...
I don't know if any manufacturer that offers a 1 1/2 bath DP bunkhouse as a standard model any more (I think discontinued Discovery 42A might have been the only 'official' model) but you probably could have gotten American Coach to build a custom 42T for around 300k with bunks in the rear walk-in closet. I suspect Newmar might also be willing to do something around the same price range.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Our main reason for upgrading is so the DW could have her own bath. The 1/2 bath is in the same location as our full bath on the previous MH, so there was nothing to get use to. Works just like the other one in the previous MH and easy to get to as the 1/2 bath is not on the slide.

If you are north of 200 lbs the 1/2 bath on an Entegra will be tight. I am 200-210 and the 1/2 bath is fine for me. I will be moving the TP holder forward. The faucet rotates out of the way making it easy to access the sink for shaving, someone was thinking.

DW loves the large full bath and full rear closet. This is the first large rear bath that we have liked since my old 73 Winnebago that even had a small bathtub.

We are travelers and like to be out the door early for sight seeing, etc. The second bath allows us to to both get ready at the same time and be out the door instead of waiting for the bathroom. Just the way we will be using our floor-plan and how it fits our needs.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
We travel without family so just the two of us.
We do not want the extra bathroom taking up our living space.
We also do not want a rear bathroom that you cannot get to
when the slides are in.
Most "extra" toilets require a macerating pump. One more thing
to go wrong. (got rid of the electric toilet and replaced with a manual)
We have the toilet on one side of coach and shower on the other. You
do not need to wait for a shower or toilet.

Each to their own. My DW said that when I retired, so did she.
She does not want two bathrooms to clean, nor do I.

I think the percentage of time you travel with company is
relatively small so why have a coach designed for the "what if".

People that bought units with bunk beds usually find it harder
to get rid of.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Between Luckyd post and mine, there you have needs for two different floor plans and neither one of them are wrong. A user has to decide which floor plan suits their needs the best. As for not being able to re-sell a 1.5 bath model, I doubt that as it is the most popular selling floor plans according to the dealer that we just purchased our new MH from. Most of the new models they had in stock were 1.5 bath, had to be a reason.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
I did not say a bath and a half were hard to sell.

I said bunk bed models were.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
I did not say a bath and a half were hard to sell.

I said bunk bed models were.
Misunderstood, sorry, I thought you were referring to 1.5 bath models comparing them to bunk bed models.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
I have yet to see a floor plan for 1.5 bath that you didn't give up living space forward of the half bath. That was big in our decision to go with the single bath. That said, with the residential style showers, if we can get a new floor plan in Cornerstone, or find the furniture approach that satisfies our living space requirements (modifying the Cornerstone), we'll likely upgrade to 1.5.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
We had a 5'er with a split bath typical in most motorhomes and now have a coach with the bath & 1/2. While we are fulltiming, it's just so much more convient having the main bath in the rear. You still have full use of the coach while someone is getting ready, without the constant having to try and sneak by the other person in the bathroom.
We find the convience to be huge. If we we're to buy another coach it would definitely have to be a bath & 1/2
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:01 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are just a couple almost all of the time and love it for the reasons mentioned-- accessibility with slides in, use by each of us simultaneously and living room guest convenience. It hasn't been mentioned but one way to view it is the "extra closet" created with the 1/2 bath gives you another inside compartment that has a added value. So you really still have the storage space but the stool and sink are a bonus.

To be clear we were against the wasted space for the 1/2 bath as well as the fireplace when we were buying and became BIG converts for both. Goes to show what you learn when researching or using an RV.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:16 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
we got along fine with one bathroom, just like we did fine with no slides. now we have bath and 1/2 and three slides. Its comfortable and better suited for long term use--just my opinion.
mike garry is offline   Reply With Quote