Originally Posted by bachler
I forgot to mention in my prior posts, That In my various experments I have blown up 5 batteries; By putting anything other then distilled water in them.. you see when you put that crap into the battery it starts emitting Bad gases, Which are vary explosive; You hook up the charger or a set of jumper cables You have an explosion.. I repete Nothing but water. You can go blind and stay that way;;;; OH well you saved a couple bucks;;Theres nothing wrong with being blind.. Some will say please don't be so;; I say don't; They even pay you for your old battery.. Life is good.
Explosive gasses are a byproduct of charging regardless of what you add to the electrolyte. Just ventilate that compartment before you hook anything up and don't hook up under power. You should be able to make your final ground connection to the frame away from your batteries.