Originally Posted by 85swmh
First, thanks for all your suggestions. I had that same thought (the converter not charging) and will pursue this by checking if it is in fact bad - then replace it. Once again thanks all.
In case you don't know how to check the converter, there are a couple ways to do it. Use a digital volt/ohm meter and check voltage at the house batteries with the converter off (or unplug coach) If batteries are okay you should get somewhere between 12.0V to 12.7V depending on state of charge. Note your reading. Then turn on converter (plug in coach) again note reading. If the converter is working you should see appx .8 to 1.5 volt higher reading when converter is on.
If the batteries are questionable another way to test the converter is to disconnect the Positive and Negative leads going to the house. Then turn on the converter and check voltage. Depending on the age and type of converter you have you should see somewhere between 13 to 14 volts.
If checking this way it may be easier to have the batteries checked while they are disconnected from coach.
If the converter does not work and you have checked all the fuses (usually located in the house circuit breaker box) it would be a good time to consider upgrading to a modern 3 stage converter. As mentioned in another post the PD9245 or PD9260 would be a good choice. I recently upgraded my older Magnetek 7345 to a PD9260 with pendant remote and love it. So do my new batteries.