Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #1

Battery Disconnect

I own a Damon Intruder (2006)., The battery disconnect switch indicator light is red, and will not turn off when i try setting it for storage. I am assuming its the disconnect itself. There are supposed to be 2 fuses on it, but i am not sure where to locate the disconnect itself to check it. Does anyone know where it would be in this model?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
There is a black plastic cover attached to the compartment (compartment location varies) wall held by several 3/8" hex head tec screws. Behind the cover you will find the disconnect. It is a KIB brand and not a Intellitec. Good luck and .

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Verify that your RV is not plugged into shore power when using the battery disconnect, because the light will remain on because the converter will back feed to the light causing it to remain on while plugged in.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. I'll check inside the battery compartment for the disconnect. Hoping that's where it is I did note that the ligh came on when i ran the generator, so that could be why. All i know is i get no power to the dash board when i try to start it
Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You will have a mechanical disconnect switch for the chassis.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:12 AM   #6

I have a simular problem with my 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 32v. I do not have a light to indicate the connection however I can not get the main battery to disconnect. In the past I have had to push the disconnect switch several times before it would work, now it is not working at all, and the main battery remains connected. Any ideas how I can figure out where the problem is. When the switch did work I could hear a click near the dash on the drivers side so I am guessing the actual disconnect is up there even though the switch I push is over the door. The RV does have the Intellitec 900 power management system, but I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Thanks in advanced for any help.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Your southwind probably has an RV Custom Products DC load center under the front hood. In my pace arrow it was high on the drivers side, directly in front of the driver. Square box with a removable cover on the front, a circuit board full of fuses and 3 big soldenoids inside, buncha big red wires going into it.
Can you find that?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #8

Jim, That is exactly where the click sound comes from when I push the disconnect and it actually works. I will get over to the RV this afternoon and look under the hood. Anything in particular I am looking for assuming I find it?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #9

I sent an email to fleetwood customer support and got the response below, very helpful information for other Fleetwood owners.

The battery disconnect solenoid is located in the battery control center
behind the PC board. The battery control center is in front of the coach
under the hood. There are two solenoids in there one is for the chassis
disconnect and the other is for the aux disconnect. Someone will have to
diagnose to see if the solenoid is bad or if you have a loose connection
somewhere in the circuit. We are including a battery control center
troubleshooting guide and recommend having a qualified service
technician or electrician do this repair.

Here is a link to the PDF file they sent along with the reply.

Battery Control Center Trouble Shooting Guide
Old 03-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #10

That's where mine must be also, it's in that black box behind the fuses. I was reading up on them and some have fuses, so it could be the fuse. Thanks for the help