Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Battery Disconnect on a 1997 Damon Intruder 352

Does anyone have any idea where the battery disconnect would be on this coach? The battery control center is located in the battery bay in the basement. There are no switches, just relays and fuses. I've looked under the hood and there is nothing there that resembles a disconnect switch. Any help would be appreciated. The only 12 volt power that I have with everything off is the steps. None of the 12 volt lights work, refer, etc. Everything works once you are plugged into shore power or you run the generator. Thoughts?
dtucker3usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2016, 06:47 AM   #2

On newer Damons (now Thor) it is in the steps well at the door.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:03 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
The Three switches by the door on my 1997 Damon go to the steps, the outside porch light, and the dome light between the front seats.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtucker3usa View Post
Does anyone have any idea where the battery disconnect would be on this coach? The battery control center is located in the battery bay in the basement. There are no switches, just relays and fuses. I've looked under the hood and there is nothing there that resembles a disconnect switch. Any help would be appreciated. The only 12 volt power that I have with everything off is the steps. None of the 12 volt lights work, refer, etc. Everything works once you are plugged into shore power or you run the generator. Thoughts?
dtucker3usa
Not all coaches have house and chassis "battery disconnect switches".

My Safari does not... but it does have a so called "salesman switch" in the step well of the entry door.

That "salesman switch" turns ON/OFF the 12V battery power FROM the house batteries TO a 12V fuse panel located in an upper bedroom cabinet.

The 9 fuses in that 12V fuse panel protect the following:
1.) Living room ceiling lights.
2.) Kitchen lights.
3.) Bedroom and bathroom lights.
4.) Roof vent fans
5.) Water pump and monitor panel.
6.) Water heater control board.
7.) LP furnace.
8.) TV antenna amp
9.) Norcold refrigerator control board.

Mechanical "SALESMAN SWITCH"
(1996 Safari).

However I doubt you have a "salesman switch problem" because "everything works once you are plugged into shore power or you run the generator".

Methinks IF your coach does have a"house battery "disconnect" it is one of the large relays/solenoids in your battery bay.

BATTERY DISCONNECT SOLENOID

Mel
'96 Safari Sahara
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #5

Battery

Dtucker,my coach disconnect is on the dash,i installed my own disconnect on the engine battery ,hope this helps ,i have the same MH.
Mr Plymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:51 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
My daybreak has a rocker switch located on the dash panel. My BBC is located udder the hood. I have three relays one is the house battery disconnect on the far right. Take a picture of your BBC and post. Not all year's and models are the same.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Mel, I think you've got it. I don't think there is a disconnect switch but I do have 3 solenoids that look exactly like you posted. I'll have to get in there when I can and see if one is the disconnect solenoid. Thanks all for the info.

Tags
battery, battery disconnect, damon