Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #1

Beaver 02

DW and I picked up our first Class A.

2002 Monterey with 3186 cat and onan generator. 50 K miles in June. Now 56K.

Details on progress so far:

Rotated and balanced two year old tires, along with alignment, mainly because it is new to me and tires are two years old. Wanted verification all is good.

New satellite system and went with King portable on Direct TV. Installed a cable down into the basement to make hook up easy and installed A/B switch, independent of what came from factory to make switching to air easy. I know there is a better way, but for now this works (and on all three TV's!).

Had Aqua Hot redone ($3K) and today it all works!!

I use this coach for my business travels so I have some questions. But first,,,,THANK YOU for this website. I would be lost without it.

1. If I am underway, or hooked to electric, do I have to worry about freezing in the basement? (I am in the coach so I keep it warm).

2. Do the windshield wiper wash come on by pressing the round wiper button on left, or by pushing in the blinker arm? Where is the fuse for the washer motor?

3. Do I need to worry about the fuel if it is above 32 F most of the time? I read AQ does not like fuel additives.

Thank you all for your time and look forward to seeing some of you on the road.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2016, 03:49 PM   #2

The propane furnace will keep some basement compartments from freezing down to a certain temp., but electric heat will not. Your Aquahot should have a control for basement heat, I assume you have a manual control panel for area heating, with a knob for each area.
I cannot address the washer controls or fuse issue.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #3

Thank you for your time.

I don't see any controls for adjusting the temps on the Aqua Hot 400.

There are two switches, one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen that say HI oFF Low. These seem to work the registers on the floors.
I asked the people who serviced the unit and they said it is controlled by the thermostat by the couch and in the bed room.

No knobs involved. Just the t stats on the wall and the two switches.

I do know that where the control panel is, in the compartment with the tank, that I don't see any controls down there, just the lights to indicate zone pumps, etc.

There are some vents in the basement, so I guess I should leave it on overnight and see if it keeps the basement warm.

But again,,,,thank you very much
Old 01-20-2016, 09:41 PM   #4

Hopefully this article will have some useful information: RV Tech Library - Hydronic Heating Operation and Maintenance Tips
And this one for servicing:http://www.rvtechmag.com/tech/38_aquahotsvc.php
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Put a remote thermostat in your Utility Bay to know what the temps are.

If too cold, put a trouble light plugged to 110v power to keep the area warm.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver