Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 AM   #1

Beaver Patriot Question

We are looking at a 2004 Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton on line and have a question for Beaver owners or anyone that has seen this rig up close. Here is the link.

2004 Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton, Mesa AZ - - RVtrader.com

In the cargo bays curb side there is what looks to be a wooden frame bolted up against the bottom of the steel structural frame and has a white leg on one corner. This structure seems to take up a good portion of the storage pullout trays headroom limiting putting anything like a tool box on the pullout tray. I contacted the selling dealer and was told it was a water holding tank. It just doesn't look like a factory install to me. Other than that the coach is just what we are looking for. We are planning on full timing very shortly. We plan to haul a motorcycle and pull a toad so tag and torque are important to us.
Unfortunately we are thousands of miles away and not quite ready to pull the plug yet anyway.
It makes us think this is why the rig has not sold.
I would appreciate your input and advise.
Thank you in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #2

Nice coach! We are the new owners of a 2005 Patriot thunder Lexington, 40'. Not at all sure what is in your compartment, we don't have anything like that in ous. In ours, the Fresh water tank sits next to the aquahot in the front curbside compartment. You might check over on the Beaver Ambassadors's forum;BAC Forum - Index
someone there will certainly know.
Good luck with your Beaver, we love ours!

cruzbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #3

the wood box could be a TV that comes out horizontally and drops down when extended. I had one and removed it for the additional storage space. Look for a switch on the side of it. You must have the inverter on or plugged in or generator running for it to open.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #4

Good looking coach for the money
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #5

Before I even read as where the owner said it was the water tank, that was the first thing I thought of. Looking at the photos pretty much confirms water tank in my mind. I would say the “leg” is the overflow drain.

Our Safari (sister company) has the water tank in the same place except it is narrower and taller and fits between the frames.

Wayne
Old 10-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nice looking rig!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is a 40ft Lexington and very different than yours. I have nothing you describe, I can barely see it in the photos. Pretty good price and as the other owner has said, we love ours. We do have an extra bay on both sides that you do not have and 3 slides. They are great coaches. My water tank is hidden under the coach behind the Hydro Hot, which is in the same spot as that AH. This looks like a great coach and the 505 HP Cat makes this a rocket ship.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #8

Did you click on the address in the upper right corner of the add? Doesn't look like a MH dealership to me. Tread carefully.
I emailed about a MH one time, it was also in Mesa, AZ. The respondent said the MH was there. I said I would drive out there since I was only a few hundred miles away; then he said the MH was actually in Evansville IN. now. I said that was also not that far away. I never got another reply email.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:49 AM   #9

Thank you all

Thank you all for the reply's and very helpful info.
I am also awaiting approval for membership at the BAC site before I can post there.
Interesting what you said Wayne about Safari. There is a nice Safari for sale in nearby Vermont with the same motor config. and now I will look into what Ray said about ads and Dealerships. Sometimes it's just to good to be true and this has been available a long time.
Bill I love your rig as well and it is interesting that yours doesn't have that. Again I am leery it is not factory.

I will keep you posted.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:05 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

I owned a 2005 Beaver Monterey and where those slideout tray are located, there are a bunch of plumbing pipes and wiring hanging from the floor of the coach. If you put anything very high into the slideout trays, they would hit on the pipes. I had to watch this all the time, when loading the coach.

I suspect, they built an enclosure to prevent the accidental damage from something in the slideout tray. Actually a very good idea, since that space is not useable anyway.

Nice coach though...
Old 10-20-2015, 07:33 AM   #11

It looks like both the mystery box / water tank and the slide-out cargo trays are covered with the same brown carpet as the floors and walls of the basement compartments. That suggests to me that both are original.

Wayne
WNJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #12

Looking at the pictures I am wondering if that is the fuel tank hanging down from the frame with an overflow pipe. It is a beautiful coach and seems to be a prettying decent price. The dealer is right in the middle of motorhome on main st in Mesa. That 505 CAT should make that 40'er a rocket ship. Good luck on your quest.

Steve and Jill
2005 Panther
23' Trailer
Old 10-25-2015, 06:48 AM   #13

Update

I wanted to thank everyone for responding and bring this back to the top.
I tried to ask the question at the BAC but was not allowed membership as I don't own one yet and there are fees involved for asking questions. Please see WOW post.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diese1nut View Post
I wanted to thank everyone for responding and bring this back to the top.
I tried to ask the question at the BAC but was not allowed membership as I don't own one yet and there are fees involved for asking questions. Please see WOW post.
There are no fees for asking questions on BAC! There is a membership fee for joining the Club. The forum is just part of it you get for no additional fee. The Monaco owners site here is very helpful. You can also join Monacoers on Yahoo groups.

gemert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver