Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob View Post
I think if the cat slept in a crate it could not slip under the door.My dog likes his crate. Not sure if your cat will.
You don't put cats in crates... they hate it.. its cruel.. and how is THAT going to stop the howling for food at 4 or 5 am and how is THAT going to stop me from hearing it? I live in an RV... there is NO room for crates!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..
Stampedelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #30

Sorry you feel the way you do on replies, including the ones that I'm sure were intended as jokes.

However, you've gotten some practical ideas to fix your problem and if they won't work then really, there's not much else you can do. You want a miracle and it's not out there. I don't know how you expect to solve your problem if your husband trained the cat to want its food that early. Your husband should probably take responsibility for your problem and get up immediately when the cat needs feeding and keep it away from you somehow. That's all we can suggest.

Now you're complaining about the motorhome. Things definitely aren't perfect all the time. I hope you can find a solution for you. Good luck!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #31

American Coach Owners Club
I got it! How about a small piece of plywood the width of the door & about an inch short from the floor. Couple of screws on top to secure it and voila!
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Have you tried to re-train the cat? Someone has taught kitty that he will get fed as soon as the human gets up in the morning. We made this mistake a lot of years ago and had to teach the cats they will get fed after we get up and get showered and dressed. So they wait....within reason. One Sunday when I awoke at 9am I had 5 cats sitting on the end of the bed staring at me, the other two were downstairs by their dry food bowl that has dry kibble in it.

It will be miserable to re-train him, but it can be done.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:06 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Not sure how much money you're willing to spend for a better night's sleep. There's always the option to hire a cabinet maker/carpenter and have him install a custom made door. Sounds easy enough! He could sound proof the door as much as possible (there are some serious limitations with that idea in an RV, but...)
Carefree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:00 PM   #34

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't mean what I'm going to suggest to be hurtful to your cats. They can be retrained inexpensively and easily. Keep a squirt gun full of water next to you in your bedroom. When the cats start making noise or come into your room, give them a couple blasts of water- cats really dislike getting water squirted in their face. After getting a couple early morning unexpected showers your cats will stay away from your bedroom. I know what I'm talking about, we have been cat owners ourselves, we loved our cats, but didn't like getting woke up every morning. The water will cure that problem.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #35
Community Moderator

Bedroom door

This website has many options to help you. 😃
http://www.petsafe.net/training-behavior/pet-proofing

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1469835371.097543.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	134461
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 11:08 AM   #36

Remove and reinstall the door so that the gap is at the top instead of the bottom.
emcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:07 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ear plugs?
Old 07-31-2016, 11:11 PM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee View Post
Remove and reinstall the door so that the gap is at the top instead of the bottom.

That brass strip on your door is called a piano hinge, as suggested by emcee, remove the screws, lower the door, align the door with the old screw holes at the top, drill new holes at the bottom for those screws. Then go get a white noise machine from Bed, Bath and Beyond http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/white-noise-machine

Once all the above is done, Take the squirt gun you did not want to use on the cats and use it on you husband (he will retrain faster than the cats), just kidding, or am I?
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #39

You might look into getting an automatic feeder with a timer. We had one, with cold packs to keep wet food fresh, and our cat learned to station herself by the feeder in the kitchen and wait for it to open rather than waking us up for food.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
travelingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:22 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee View Post

WOW,
I was so afraid of being burned at the steak for trying to help this time.
But after all this, I think we may be on to something at last.....

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Ear plugs?
That's the best answer yet - cheap, easy and effective.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #42
Community Moderator

Bedroom door

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
That's the best answer yet - cheap, easy and effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedelady View Post
......don't say ear plugs they really hurt ears when sleeping and very uncomfortable..

Re-read the OP post....she says the cat jumps on top of her waking her up, and states she can't wear earplugs, so other methods need to be employed.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door