Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2015, 10:36 AM   #1

Bedroom slide rebuild

HELP WANTED!!! 2003 Dutch Star 3803.

We are looking for a reliable coach (not chassis) repair shop in the areas of I-95 from Savanna GA to Jacksonville FL (or within 150 miles). We have had a water leak on the bedroom slide.

So now we have to rebuild the entire wood frame under the slide and replace the exterior weatherstripping. Not looking for a dealership service dept. nor CW shop.

Any first hand experience referrals will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Selling Dealer RV One Tampa was to repair the subfloor slide mechanism support; but did nothing to resolve the water leak.

curleyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
DJJ

I had Newmar fix mine last winter, their labor rates are lower starting in November. Just so you have something to compare to for any quotes you get, I am pretty sure it was 15 hours of labor. They have to remove the whole bedroom slid out to make the repair.

Jeff
2003 Dutch Star, 3126B Cat.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by curleyrv View Post
HELP WANTED!!! 2003 Dutch Star 3803.

We are looking for a reliable coach (not chassis) repair shop in the areas of I-95 from Savanna GA to Jacksonville FL (or within 150 miles). We have had a water leak on the bedroom slide.

So now we have to rebuild the entire wood frame under the slide and replace the exterior weatherstripping. Not looking for a dealership service dept. nor CW shop.

Any first hand experience referrals will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Selling Dealer RV One Tampa was to repair the subfloor slide mechanism support; but did nothing to resolve the water leak.
I've had good results with Alliance Coach in Wildwood. FL. At one time they were a factory service center for Monaco. They do woodwork, modifications, paint etc. in-house. Many of the techs. have 20+ years experience. Large site with overnight hookup for those being serviced and it's free while your coach is being serviced.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
I had Newmar fix mine last winter, their labor rates are lower starting in November. Just so you have something to compare to for any quotes you get, I am pretty sure it was 15 hours of labor. They have to remove the whole bedroom slid out to make the repair.

Jeff
Thanks for the comment. Can you describe the type of repair work that you had done. I have received an initial estimate of time and charges for the repair needed and the quote is quite expensive (more than 25 hours).
Old 10-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
DJJ

Newmar removed the bedroom slide out and replaced the plywood on the bottom of the slide out. The also rebuilt part of the box under the slide out that supports the 3 rollers.

Let me know if that's not clear.

Jeff
Old 10-28-2015, 05:51 PM   #6

Check out Creative Coach in FL. They did a slide out repair on the Country Coach 2005 Allure that we purchased that was caused by water damage.

Creative Coach Collision Repair and Design Center in Lakeland, FL is a team of collision repair professionals.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
Newmar removed the bedroom slide out and replaced the plywood on the bottom of the slide out. The also rebuilt part of the box under the slide out that supports the 3 rollers.

Let me know if that's not clear.

Jeff
DJJ

Follow up to October 2015 BRSO repair. Your comments about Newmar repair of your SO led me to take my 2003 DSDB 3038 to Nappanee for the repair. 16 hours and they did a great job. For any SO removal repair I will certainly go back to the factory. Also a great place to attend to some other items on this 12 year old "buggy".

Originally we had a January 2016 stay at Point of View Key Largo scheduled, but had to cancel due to repairs. Looking forward to next January in Key Largo.

Thanks again for the very good information.

Curleyrv
Old 01-23-2016, 05:58 AM   #8
DJJ

Good to hear you were happy with the repair. I don't think you can find better quality then the work they do there.

In regards to Point of View, rumor around town is that the new owner is going to build a high end hotel resort on the property and they are not taking any more reservations. There is a new RV park going in on the bay side called Keys Palms RV Park that is suppose to open in the spring.

Jeff

Tags
slide