Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2019, 08:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosinapig View Post
Wish we had some, but we don't.
On a side note, it truly is a small world: we both grew up in Metamora!
My wife was born / raised here as well. When did you leave?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2019, 09:26 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
So if I read your statement correctly, the frame is straight and the “fix” is done. You said “that’s been done”, not exactly sure what “that” is.

What jack got bent?

Possibly the ride height adjusters need to be tweaked to level the coach.
I too suspect a ride height adjuster rod got bent or removed during the frame straightening process, and was not properly reset.
I do not recall reading he contacted Newmar about this frame problem. They are usually quite helpful to owners.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:04 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
So if I read your statement correctly, the frame is straight and the “fix” is done. You said “that’s been done”, not exactly sure what “that” is.

What jack got bent?

Possibly the ride height adjusters need to be tweaked to level the coach.
Sorry, both the frame straightening and the new support bracket have been done. Now the coach is leaning. The jacks were never bent, just the housing for them (which also was replaced).
kaosinapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
My wife was born / raised here as well. When did you leave?
We left in the late 80's after graduating from Lapeer high schools in 82. My father still lives there.
kaosinapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:12 AM   #61

Kaosinapig

Ya got a "bented" unit, simply set up an exchange for a new unit pronto to move along or tell em a lawyer will enter the picture and his costs will have to be covered by them before all this ends along with a trade for a new unit. Their choice. Deal with the manuf and dealer simultaneously ie.. with CC. Their reputations are at stake inform em.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Leaning after the frame restoration. Sounds like the ride height has to be adjusted. That would be a first step and easy to have done.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:49 AM   #63

kaosinapig Update:
First off I have to laugh that anyone with a RV would think that something like this would be fixed quickly. Does anything service related in the RV industry get done fast?
That being said, as Vetterod stated, there is a fix for this issue from the manufacturer. It is definitely a known issue for non-tag axle units. (In answer to one poster, we are the original owner and this happened just outside of manufacturer warranty)
So here is the short version of events - our unit's frame was bent and they wouldn't attach the "fix" (a support that goes across the rig) until they got the frame fixed at a frame shop. That's been done, but now the unit is 'leaning' in a way it hadn't done before they "fixed" it. It's been gone 4 months now with no end in sight. So... what would any of you do in this situation? Call insurance company? Call an attorney, (not even sure what type we would use)?

Feel for you and your headache, no pills can fix that quickly.

The manufacturer should just exchange the unit now as you got one not up to snuff bigly or a DEFECTIVE one. Yea they can attempt fixes but this is the spine of the unit and yes it can be fixed and has been on accident units but the fact of the matter or point of fact is this is a new unit you are on the hook for hundreds of thousands or even if was pennies it the principal of the thing the QC missed it. Design Engineers missed it. THe manufacturer sold you a lark the dealer was party to the transaction.... New Unit and perhaps a rental rate reimbursement for the 4 months (a long shot), else a lawyer costs plus new unit and add the 4 months rental rate or payments reimbursements at least the interest of the purchase price. Gotta hold them feet to the fire.

If all that fails go public... like this story.

A 102 yr old woman a customer for many years but she altered her svc a few months before he death to give the nurse a set top box and so enacted an automatic 2 yr process. So when she checkout for the beyond she gets early termination bill!
(I know if she woulda known she would have stayed around to full fill the contract bigly). Link to story

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dire...181632154.html
Old 10-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #64

Quote:
Sorry, both the frame straightening and the new support bracket have been done. Now the coach is leaning. The jacks were never bent, just the housing for them (which also was replaced).

I have been through similar situations not on a coach but autos and such. If you have not done this I would suggest first talk to your dealer and tell them you need to have a meeting with a manufacturers rep and make sure the dealer is aware you are totally unhappy with the end result of the repair and your coach. If no satisfaction comes from this be prepared to get an attorney. Your insurance probably won’t be of any help in a warranty situation and this was not damaged in an accident. By involving insurance you will only add a claim against your policy even if there is no pay out. Learned this the hard way.
One possibility would be to tell your dealer you want a replacement coach of equal or better value and see how they respond. I feel your pain. Good luck and I hope you get this resolved soon.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Is your chassis Freightliner? If so, I suggest that you call the factory and make and appointment. This is in Gaffney, SC.
FCCC SERVICE & TRAINING CENTER
103 Campus Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
P: 855-253-0421
They build them. They will tell you what is causing the lean and fix it.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #66

I’ve been following this thread and am surprised at the amount of what I call “ill advice” that you have been given, but seems to be the mentality of many today.

In post #6 you said you were on pavement and nearly level when you noticed the problem. I don’t think you can demonstrate how this damage could happen when parked on pavement. Most likely you did the damage at a previous camp site and just noticed it at some later date.

There’s been a lot of confusing statements but as I understand it now, everything is fixed, except adjusting ride height settings.

You stated the coach was out of warranty, but I’ve not noticed one statement about the thousands of dollars this has cost you. Could it be because the manufacturer has stepped up and paid for all the repairs, even though it’s out of warranty?

I agree it’s disgusting to have the coach in the shop for four months, but have you kept on top of the repair process to be sure work has been being done on a timely basis? Four months is an awfully long time to tweak the frame, add a support bracket, replace a jack mounting bracket an put the jack back on. Old saying “squeaky wheel gets the grease”, you haven’t been squeaking enough.

You may feel like you want to get an attorney involved just because you’re mad about the whole situation, and I don’t blame you, but based on the information posted here,I don’t think you have anything worth going for.
But all this is just my opinion, everyone feel free to chime in.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #67

A 2019 Frame issue is out of warranty?

Is the chassis not longer warranty?
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:34 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
What brand is the coach. Your profile says Discovery.
His profile says Fleetwood Discovery 39F
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #69

Again
Very scetchy incomplete details?
Whom paid for all the repairs ???
Whom did the work ?
Did the op go through the manufacturer to have this work done ?

ALL THIS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A LEANING COACH ???

Did the op check the leveling valve???

A 15 minute job to fix.
Or does he have other issues determined
By a big rig shop ?

So where is the op now with a fix ?
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
His profile says Fleetwood Discovery 39F

A post from the OP in another thread states they were picking up a 2019 American Dream which is the reason I’m questioning the “no warranty”. Of course they may not have picked up the dream but...
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, frame