Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I do not recall reading he contacted Newmar about this frame problem. They are usually quite helpful to owners.
His profile says Fleetwood Discovery and in post #9 he refuses to name the manufacturer. I guess I missed the part where he said it was a Newmar.

If it is a Newmar I'd be surprised if they didn't step up.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
His profile says Fleetwood Discovery and in post #9 he refuses to name the manufacturer. I guess I missed the part where he said it was a Newmar.

If it is a Newmar I'd be surprised if they didn't step up.
I just re-read the entire thread, I have no idea where I came up with Newmar
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I just re-read the entire thread, I have no idea where I came up with Newmar
If that's your biggest mistake for the week you're in good shape.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:25 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetterod View Post
There is a fix but you will need to contact the manufacturer and if it is a freightliner chassis three is a strengthening kit that corrects the issue !!
Vetterod, we would like to get more information on your knowledge of this strengthening kit. We were aware of it due to our situation, but it was new to our FL dealer here. If we could get another person's experience to compare with ours it would be great. I also see that you have an 18' Monaco 40L - interesting that our model is also a 40L from a REV line. Anything you can offer would be helpful!
kaosinapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:08 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosinapig View Post
Vetterod, we would like to get more information on your knowledge of this strengthening kit. We were aware of it due to our situation, but it was new to our FL dealer here. If we could get another person's experience to compare with ours it would be great. I also see that you have an 18' Monaco 40L - interesting that our model is also a 40L from a REV line. Anything you can offer would be helpful!
So is your coach not under warranty, it is a 2019 Dream? If so why is it not fixed under warranty yet? What caused it?
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:58 PM   #76

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonetoRaces View Post
So is your coach not under warranty, it is a 2019 Dream? If so why is it not fixed under warranty yet? What caused it?

Freightliner has a kit to install on the rear to keep jacks parallel. I believe it requires your maker and Freightliner to work together to correct the issue.

I would share a photo but haven’t been able to make to happen.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #77

Quote:
Freightliner has a kit to install on the rear to keep jacks parallel. I believe it requires your maker and Freightliner to work together to correct the issue.

I would share a photo but haven’t been able to make to happen.
Vetterod, we would like to know what circumstances led you to have this installed on your coach. Especially since your model has the same name as ours can you provide us with details of your experience? I would be happy to do this through email or pm, but can't figure out if this site allows that. Obviously the Jack's started our issue, but created a whole host of others that we've been struggling with. Having another person who had a similar issue would be helpful.
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2020, 05:30 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
Get a lawyer and return/exchange the rig, hire an engineer and yea double check the specs vs engineering and technologies implemented.

Understood, if they are willing to buy dung sell em dung. If all are selling dung the buyers will keep returning. US Automotive industry not long ago eh...

Seriously consumers must also give in to pure logic, granite counters like wow in a motor home? Tiles or even marble in a motor home wow But hey if ya gotta ask how much or about mpg and are concerned with global warming get a tent eh..

I am all for light construction done wisely for the counters, cabinets, floors etc.

Off me soap box sort of: Above all we need branders to take centralized responsibility ownership for the coach they sell. If you gonna put granite slabs and tiles and build mausoleum on wheels well make sure you warranty the whole thing bumper to bumper and top to bottom. Soon enough there will be some one who comes along and does this putting the dungsellers at a huge disadvantage.

For the rebirth of this industry however we also need to be reborn in our expectations while managing our expectations as to the content of the rigs. Yea
Wow is all I can say. That’s quite a soap box. I agree with you I think that if we demand quality we will get it but will need to cough up twice the price. The improvements will not come without this cost. The company doing this will fail because most are price sensitive.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Thompson View Post
Are you embarrassed to own the coach you bought?
I think what he is doing is trying not to be a brand basher. Makes sense to me. He doesn’t want other owners to be worried. Probably an engine dolaed problem so he is holding his outrage. Congratulations to him.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:29 AM   #80

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Vetterod, we would like to know what circumstances led you to have this installed on your coach. Especially since your model has the same name as ours can you provide us with details of your experience? I would be happy to do this through email or pm, but can't figure out if this site allows that. Obviously the Jack's started our issue, but created a whole host of others that we've been struggling with. Having another person who had a similar issue would be helpful.

Thanks!

I wish I could share more info but I caught my jack issue very early and had only a slight splay to the jack on the rear driver side of the coach. I have not had any other issues with the chassis. I did have the ride height adjusted on the driver side rear to get the coach level however that was needed from day one. I do continue to have jack issues which I will address after the current national emergency. When leveling I often get level then relieved for some reason and my jacks do not like to raise all the time. Now I have both front jack seals leaking slightly.
If you don’t get satisfaction I recommend two things to help, go to Decatur tech service facility and consult Gaffney repair facility prior to drastic action. My coach runs great, runs straight as an arrow, and feels super to drive. Is quality lower than I expected, yes, but then I didn’t put down half a million to get the things I wanted. Also, I watch the other brands get repairs at every resort so we are all subject to the same issues.
When you watch Cummins spend days working on a relatively new Newell you just have to put life in perspective.
Approaching two years old I have two Freightliner issues (minor) and three REV issues. Just remember your REV warranty is longer for structural issues and you may need to seek higher level assistance at REV Decatur. We use them because they are three hours south of home base.
Hope this helps somewhat and you can successfully resolve your issues. We are preparing to head north from Florida tomorrow. Our plans here in Florida for the next month got shut down. WDW
Old 03-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #81

The chassis and frame rails have a 3 and 5 year warranty. I would get into Freightliner and have them inspect it.

https://www.fcccrv.com/wp-content/up...Chassis-v2.pdf

Warranty Page 8
red300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:30 AM   #82

Quote:
I wish I could share more info but I caught my jack issue very early and had only a slight splay to the jack on the rear driver side of the coach. I have not had any other issues with the chassis. I did have the ride height adjusted on the driver side rear to get the coach level however that was needed from day one. I do continue to have jack issues which I will address after the current national emergency. When leveling I often get level then relieved for some reason and my jacks do not like to raise all the time. Now I have both front jack seals leaking slightly.
If you don’t get satisfaction I recommend two things to help, go to Decatur tech service facility and consult Gaffney repair facility prior to drastic action. My coach runs great, runs straight as an arrow, and feels super to drive. Is quality lower than I expected, yes, but then I didn’t put down half a million to get the things I wanted. Also, I watch the other brands get repairs at every resort so we are all subject to the same issues.
When you watch Cummins spend days working on a relatively new Newell you just have to put life in perspective.
Approaching two years old I have two Freightliner issues (minor) and three REV issues. Just remember your REV warranty is longer for structural issues and you may need to seek higher level assistance at REV Decatur. We use them because they are three hours south of home base.
Hope this helps somewhat and you can successfully resolve your issues. We are preparing to head north from Florida tomorrow. Our plans here in Florida for the next month got shut down. WDW
Thanks Vetterod for your reply, hopefully you will get your issues repaired. The damage to ours was significant, and they probably shouldn't have tried to repair it - it hasn't been right since and they have admitted they don't know how to fix it. The whole situation is a nightmare!
On a side note, is the Vette part of your name in regards to the car?
Old 03-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #83

Time to play a factual counter strategy

Its time we stop fixing the industry missteps on our own. Lets start holding them responsible for the product they produce from design, engineering to build qualities.. Go the chasis maker WTF or is it WTH to be politically correct, what ever they brand of product you bought should be responsible none of this the bolt was make by threader, the nut was made by nutcase and the .... If they cannot defend their product engineering, design and build they should not be around. They chose the chassis, the engine the frame etc they are responsible for the specs.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #84

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thanks Vetterod for your reply, hopefully you will get your issues repaired. The damage to ours was significant, and they probably shouldn't have tried to repair it - it hasn't been right since and they have admitted they don't know how to fix it. The whole situation is a nightmare!

On a side note, is the Vette part of your name in regards to the car?

Right on with the name. I can’t imagine fleetwood/rev not taking some action on the coach. Try Steve Heim at rev. He may be able to help you. I get hyper over almost all issues with my coach I guess because it is a big investment and love to travel with it.

Tags
class a, frame