Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #15

Tiffin 36 LA will fit our needs perfectly.

2013 Tiffin Allegro 36LA OPEN ROAD
2012 Honda CRV AWD toad
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2015, 06:06 PM   #16
At what point does the length of your coach start to limit you CG choices? I have been told that 35 and above rules out lots of spots, is that really true?

partskenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #17
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
We have a 36 ft. fifth wheel. I got it because my wife can throw things accurately at less than that, but not very fast and 36 feet gives me time to duck.
lmao Great reply!
2015 Thor ACE EVO30.1

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #18
I found that floor plan and size of slides are just as, if not more important than length. Seen many 32 footers that have more living space than 36 or 38 footers. You can't go by just the number of slides. Check the width and length as well. Some are as small as 12 inches wide and only 6 feet long. Attend as many RV shows as possible. Take your time and don't buy the first one you look at.
Salem Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:56 PM   #19
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by partskenn View Post
At what point does the length of your coach start to limit you CG choices? I have been told that 35 and above rules out lots of spots, is that really true?

No, not really true. If you insist on staying at depression era or post-WWII campgrounds built by National, State Parks, or COE, you might run into size issues. Otherwise, not much. We've been fulltiming three years in 40 ft with no difficulties.
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:48 AM   #20
It really comes down to each couples comfort but for us a 3 slides, bath and a half, 40 foot DP fit the bill. Storage was key for us even though we won't full time but we take long trips. We love to stay in NP, SP and the like. Sometimes we have to make reservations to get a site we fit in but it has not been a problem.

Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution LE Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:36 AM   #21
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yours sounds like our layout. (The one that mentions the bath and a half). I agree with the view that layout is the most important. We love our 36 foot bath and a half!
Bill & Jenny - 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K, 36 ft, Ford V10 - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:38 AM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
Our 33' with a full slide really makes a difference with the shorter length. With the entire street wall moving out it provides lots of comfortable living space.
2011 Monaco Monarch SFS
2013 Mini Cooper Hardtop
dbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
We are not full-timers, but do extended trips (this year: late summer & fall for 10 weeks). That being said, last year traded from a 32' with 2 slides into 40' with four sides. These two seniors and two dogs appreciated the added width of two additional slides--just eliminates the "moving" because your partner is "moving". Almost as important, the added storage space "in" and "below"--the pull outs in compartments really improve the quality of life. Yes, we won't get in as many Forest Service CGs as with the 32T, so there is that trade-off. IMO, three or four slides required. Good Luck and Enjoy the search.
Vince & Patricia, Tucson--AZ, FMCA, RVMutants#130
With: Ch. "Carrie", Std. Schnauzer & "Sophie" Cocker
'06 Phaeton 40QDH + '11 Fiesta w/ AirForceOne.
"It is more important to know the journey is the destination than to get there quickly."
desertvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #24
Monaco Owners Club
If I had it to do over I would get a 36-38' MH. We are often limited to RV parks due to our 42'. After lots of looking for RV parks the 36-38 footers seem to fit in 90% of ALL parks
The Girls & Newman
42' 2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder
cfyanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #25
I was parked next to a retired couple in a 15' TT. They are traveling where they can sit outside a lot and perfectly okay with a small rig. That would never work for us. Only you can determine your needs. I'd spend a lot of time sitting and moving around different sized rigs at RV shows to see what will work.

--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--SOLD 2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38'
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote