Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2019, 09:59 PM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ummm, two !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2019, 10:02 PM   #16

Our 2004 Newmar MADP 4016 has three slides and only a couple bedroom dresser drawers are inaccessible with the slides in and there is no place with less than 3' of pass-through in the whole coach.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:03 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
This makes no sense to me.

We can walk down the center of the coach normally, with slides in. We have 18" curb slides, and 32" deep road side slides, not counting the thickness of the walls.
What part is confusing? The deeper the slide, the less walkway you have. Have you ever looked in most new travel trailers or fifth wheels. Their slides are huge (depth) and they can't be traversed when closed. I don't get how this is confusing.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:09 PM   #18

See what you mean now. The deeper the slides, the end walls get closer together when in. But, once your past the end walls, you have a wider passageway.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:39 PM   #19
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry.....I thought you were being sarcastic....I apologize. I've been in some fifth wheels where all you could do is get in far enough to hit the slide button. We travel a lot with another couple who have a nice fifth wheel. When we stop for lunch on the road, they have just enough room to access their kitchen and bathroom. There is no way to get to the seating area without opening a slide. Consequently, if the weather is bad we eat lunch inside ours.

I think there is a trade off on what you want. I know that I personally bought my coach to enjoy the roominess while parked in a campground. So....we give up some aisle space when closed. I'm 6'2", 300 pounds and have no issue traversing our coach. We can get around the main cabin for loading supplies without opening the slides. We do have to open one of the bedroom slides to access the clothing drawers.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:53 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are tight when closed up, but can make it all the way to bedroom if needed. Fridge and head are fully accessible. We have to turn a recliner to stow for travel, and have two fairly heavy ottomans to stow during travel as well. Love the ottomans while set up, but a pain on the road. No issues using dinette while slides are in.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #21

No, I've been in no newer 5th wheels with the slides closed.
My coach would be similar to yours. Can access everything, but need to open at least one bedroom slide to get around the bed.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:54 AM   #22
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
We are tight when closed up, but can make it all the way to bedroom if needed. Fridge and head are fully accessible. We have to turn a recliner to stow for travel, and have two fairly heavy ottomans to stow during travel as well. Love the ottomans while set up, but a pain on the road. No issues using dinette while slides are in.
I guess Newmar thought that making those ottomans way 40 pounds each would keep them from moving around. My wife has to remove the lid to move ours as they're both awkward and heavy. I want to take one out and use just one, since that's what we normally do (use just one), but she says no. We're able to get one to travel under the dinette and the other sits in an open area up front.

Tags
class a, diesel, slide