Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #1

Best Extendable Windshield Washing Pole

I bought one at CW that I was happy with but every time I go and look at their current ones the rubber squeegee is too hard and doesn't squeegee well. Are there good ones out there?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My wife got me one from the RV department at Walmart. I like it a lot.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #3

Shurhold pole and accessories, not cheap but quality.
Jandringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Walmart, for about $12. After washing with the brush side, I use the back side of the head with a towel draped over it to dry.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #5

The best gizmo I have found is any kind of washer but the key is this squeege. It easily conforms to curved windows. So I have two devices, one with a sponge/scrubby that I just pour windex on and then this device to get the fluid off.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Ettore-Foam...ueegee/1087125
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #6

another vote for Shurhold
Old 10-22-2016, 06:47 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I made a squeegee out of a 18 inch wiper blade. Works well since it follows the curve of the windshield.

But I have stopped using water because of water spots on the front of the RV.

Now I spray ammonia free window cleaner, use the scrubber side of the window washer tool, and then a microfiber cloth over the squeegee side of the tool.

Cleaner glass, no water streaks between strokes, and no water spots on the front cowl.

I use a extendable painters pole from Lowe's.

Dan
Old 10-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I tried a combination washer and squeegee from Home Depot, located in the cleaning products area, but the squeegee was at the wrong angle and didn't wipe clean.

I replaced it with these three items: Squeegee, brush and pole. The squeegee and brush have a push button connector that allows you to snap on either end quickly. I snap on the brush, dip it in the window wash bucket at the fuel stop and wash the window. The squeegee snaps on easily and I squeegee it clean. The pole also has a threaded end so you can add a wash brush for coach cleaning. It a nice sturdy pole.

Squeegee - Unger 12 in. Stainless Steel Window Squeegee with Rubber Grip and Bonus Rubber Connect and Clean Locking System-961010 - The Home Depot

Cleaning Brush - Unger 14 in. Window Scrubber with Microfiber and Overmold Grip Connect and Clean Locking System-963920 - The Home Depot

Pole - Unger 4 ft. 2-Section Telescoping Squeegee Extension Pole-UNG EZ120 - The Home Depot
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #9

The Home Depot squeegee can also be carefully bent and formed to a curve which works well on the curved windshield on our DP. If needed, I still use the telescoping pole with the bug cleaning pad from the Auto Parts store, but only use it's stiff squeegee on side windows. Then grab the other Home Depot pole with the curved squeegee for the front windshield. Still looking for a BUG cleaning attachment for the Home Depot pole.
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:44 PM   #10

Best squeegee I've found is windshield wiper. You'll need a bracket, then snap the wiper blade off the arm and on to the end of the pole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0827.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	142390   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0826.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	142391