Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor3650 View Post
After that it would be the 3 cameras for driving/backing up.
I am thinking about the 3 camera upgrade as well and a color monitor. What brand did you install and how does the system operate.

Thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #30

I added the Voyager 3 camera system. It included a 7" monitor and 3 cameras. I really like the system and it makes lane changes and back-ups ALOT easier.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
An ATM that dispenses 'free' thousand dollar bills.
I just got one too. It was a great upgrade to the old ice maker. Lol.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
I'm interested to hear what modifications IRV2 members have made to their class A coaches.

The best mods I have made so far is to install a residential Samsung refrigerator and a Flowpur water softener. Looking at a macerator pump next.
How about you?

I have a macerator pump and I love it. no more having to set up the little plastic thingies to make sure the hose is flowing downhill. much easier to use the macerator hose and let it just pump. Mine has a black hose and it was hard to see the clear fitting in the camper when I was trying to flush the tank. I bought a piece of 1inch clear plastic tubing about 6 inches long and put it at the end of the hose just before the valve fitting that goes into the campground sewer. Now when I flush the tank I can see when the water starts getting clear.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Ditched the Trac Vision and added Winegard Trav'ler.

At this point, still plotting and scheming .

For those who hail the macerator, tell me more. This coach had one and is wired for it but original owner said he ditched it since it was 'too much trouble.' DW likes to use those Charmin wet wipe thingy's and I figured they would choke a macerator.
I agree with a previous poster use a trashcan for the wipes. The only problem I have had with my macerator was when I bought the coach used the third or fourth time I tried the macerator it blew the fuse. I took it apart and someone with long hair. over time the hair had gotten wrapped around the blade. I took the blade off cleaned the hair out and have used it for over a year with no problem since. I did replace the fuse with a plug in auto reset circuit breaker. If it happens again I wont have to worry about the fuse.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
outdoor router for wi fi. There is an article on the net about someone putting an outdoor router on a flag pole and putting that outside of his MH to enable him to get better wifi in parks. ( He also talks about getting free wifi)

Here is the URL for the article How to Build a Long-Range Wi-Fi System - Part #1 - Dick Eastman's RV

The article is great and I want to thank him personally for taking the time to step everyone through how he did it.

I would like to build a bit on his idea but it is simply my thoughts for an improvement nothing more.

1. He could not get his second router ( a linksys) working I did and if I were going to guess I would guess he did not think to reset the actual IP address for the linksys to a number in the range of the outdoor router. I did and it works great. The reason that is a big difference is you can get a rebuilt basis linksys router from linksys for under 50 dollars the model he wound up using was around 200 and they both do the same job.

2. I drilled a hole in the floor to run the cable through. I think that was a big mistake I was not thinking logically. The way the system works you use the outdoor router as a WISP reciever which receives Wireless wifi from the campground. This signal is then transmitted via ethernet cable to another wireless router (linksys for me) The linksys then transmits wirelessly to my laptop or whatever. My next modification will be to fill in the hole I made for the ethernet cable. I am going to just plug the linksys into the same compartment I store the outside router and cable in then I can just run the cable between the outside router and the linksys out of the underneath storage and not have to worry about an extra cable inside. For those of you who read his article. Mr. EAstman talks about having to hook the ethernet cable from the outside router to his laptop then when he gets the park passwords and everything all set he then takes the ethernet cable out of the laptop and plugs it into the second wireless router. I do not have to do that and I believe he does is because of a small problem in his setup ( the reason why linksys does not worK) I turn everything on type in the IP address for the outside router in my laptop with it connected wirelessly to my linksys router and then set everything up like that. This is why I can put everything in the lower storage compartment out of the way I do not need to have any of the ethernet wiring in the living space.

Now why is this important. I work out of my MH sometimes and need access to the internet. I also need to be able to print. My wife sometimes does consulting work out of the camper and she also needs to print. In several of the pay wifi campgrounds I have seen you have to pay for each and every computer you use. To me you are paying a high premium to start with and paying that premium for each computer is kind of a stiff charge. by doing it this way. I have my wireless HP printer in the floor of the closet out of the way. We can both log onto the internet with either our laptops or our notebook or smart phone whichever we need to use at the time.

I would like to warn you before you do this. wireless routers have become very automatic over the years just plug them in turn on all your computers push a button on the router and it sets up all your security and connections. This is not going to be anything at all like that. You need to have a basic understanding of IP addresses and routers. If you are going to do this install and have not had experience in this find a friend that has. You could get someone to set it up for you and if you do that make sure they show you how to set up the outside router for the various parks you have to connect to. The instructions with the router are not very good and the help desk speaks chinese very well but english not as well. When you are being shown how to do tihis make sure to make very good notes.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Built in surge protector
Front & Rear LED TVs
Booth out...Table,chairs,cherry sideboard/storage added
Entry steps.. Carpet & black stair treds removed, replaced with ceramic tile & interlocking flooring
About 1/2 of my lighting changed over to leds
Re upholstered all window treatments
fillbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
We replaced all the big heavy TV's with flat screens. Had to make the front TV cabinet a little smaller than it was but it is not a head banger no more. Jim
Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New Kitchen Backslash

Had some issues, in the kitchen area so decided it was time for a upgrade, found these at Lowes and seem to work pretty well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	946266_4434780327324_423780347_n.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	42005   Click image for larger version

Name:	993920_4434779887313_750405684_n.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	42006  

Click image for larger version

Name:	995115_4434779687308_1456262936_n.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	42007   Click image for larger version

Name:	1000467_4434779527304_632651222_n-1.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	42008  

gresults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #38

1. Replaced suspension and panhard bar bushings with Rupp Parts poly bushings (drives fantastic now)
2. total re-engineer(not repair, but a redesign) of the dash AC system..now I have 41 degree dash vent air temp when 90+ outside temps
3. Larger flat panel HD tvs (frt and rear)
4. star wheel adjustment in P7100 inj pump (no more lag on accel)
5. dash stereo and all speakers upgrade..with 2 amps & subwoofer addition
6. upgraded headlights from sealed beam originals
7. insulated all areas of roof AC units that would allow heat gain/cool loss
8. temp controlled fridge(Dometic) flue fans..fridge kicks butt now!
9. tons upon tons of minor things...can't even attempt to remember them all
Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Here is my list of personal modifications that I have done over the years.

The VERY BEST one from a Quality of Life perspective is the Samsung Residential Fridge!

Second Super Storage Slide in Bay #2
120 VAC Duplex in Roll-Out Pantry
Roll-Out Storage Trays in Cabinet below Stove-Top
Front TV with Samsung 1080p HD
DVD Home Theater System with Samsung Blu-Ray
WII in Upper Right Over-Head Front Cabinet
DVD Up-res 1080P Player in Over-head Front Cabinet
Full Windshield Width MCD Night Power Shade
Culligan Ice Maker Filter
Dometic Magnum Opus toilet
Borg Dually Valve Stems, Dyna Beads in 6 Tires
PowerMaster VC-50 Voltage Booster
SS-200 AFFF Fire Suppression System in Engine Compartment
Rear TV with Samsung 23 inch 1080p HD
VMSpc System
Progressive Industries EMS HW-50C Unit
Upgraded PacBrake PRXB Exhaust Brake
Upgraded Oil Breather/Blow-by System for Cummins Engine
See-Level Tank Monitoring System for Wet Bay Status Panel
Cummins/Onan Auto-Start EC-30W on Generator
Star Lights Motion Security Light Over Entry Door
Switch & Indicator Light for Water Pump in Bathroom
120 V. AC Outlets/Roadside Inverter Bay and Front Gen-set Area
2nd Progressive Industries EMS HW-50C Remote in Service Bay
Star Lights Motion Security Light On Road-Side
Dash Cam Camera System
Remote 120 VAC Duplex Outlet in Bedroom for Easier Access
Princess Gourmet 2 Burner Stove-top, Replacing Atwood
Samsung Residential Fridge
Mosaic Tile Back-splash in Kitchen & Bathrooms
New Moen Kitchen Faucet

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #40

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
We replaced all the big heavy TV's with flat screens. Had to make the front TV cabinet a little smaller than it was but it is not a head banger no more. Jim
I did the same thing on our 2002 DSDP 4090, but my wife and I still hit our heads on the TV and it's not padded like the cabinet is!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #41

Georgie Boy Owners Club
a simple and easy mod...we bought the Winegard Traveller satellite and it came with a 12v plug...dumb for an rv as I am sure most are like ours and there is no 12v receptacle on the outside. We did buy the converter but you have to be careful about moisture since it is outside. My light bulb went off and we just disconnected one of the light fixtures in one of the storage units we don't use very much and installed a 12v receptacle...the plug is now safe and dry and having that outlet there might prove handy for some other application
varankins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #42

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gresults View Post
Had some issues, in the kitchen area so decided it was time for a upgrade, found these at Lowes and seem to work pretty well.
nice to meet another Georgie Boy owner...I really like the look you made there in your kitchen. Something for me to think about, especially when frying things gets grease all over the place
varankins3 is offline   Reply With Quote