Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Our first MH and had it a year before I learned enough to check the ride height. Don't think it had been check since the factory. Improved the ride 100 %. Also added the Safe-T steer. Eliminated the wandering, drive with one hand now. Replaced the king bed with a queen and added a bedside cabinet on DW's side. Huge difference in live ability in the bedroom. MCD shades all around. M&G braking system (love this one too) so easy to use and works so well. Amish CU with halon in the back for peace of mind.
Coach has great floor plan for us and now works even better.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #44

Converted dinette for 4 to 2 and also made it a love sit when down instead of bed. Builted flush wall mounted table for 2 on other side. Added locks to some drawer to keep shut when driving. Took out shower folding door and replaced with the entend a rod and certain. That's it so far. As this is our last motorhome we are making it for us and not so much for resell. Good Luck!!!
jastinjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #45

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Over the years I have made a lot of modifications to our toys (boats, TT, and now MH). I've made a effort to only make mods that would be either a positive for re-sale or removeable. With the exception of one TT, we have purchased used. Up until the HM, I have been able to figure out what was done by the PO. Unfortunately the MH has so many so complicated systems I have not always been successful in figuring the mods out. The PO did not leave manuals from their upgrades and they are not available on-line. Some examples:
-Adding several solar panels (two distinct sizes, appearances) and a controller. I cannot tell if they work with while the battery switch if off in the engine bay or if they are wired to re-charge house and chasis batteries
-A lamp above the transmission selector panel. I figured it to be some indicator that the brakes on a toad were on.
-A dash rocker switch labled; "Pass Shade" that doesn't operate the shade.
-Additional A/V cables behind the bedroom "tube" TV.

Most of the time I enjoy the "challenge" and it does force me to learn more about the systems on the MH.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillbert View Post
Built in surge protector
Front & Rear LED TVs
Booth out...Table,chairs,cherry sideboard/storage added
Entry steps.. Carpet & black stair treds removed, replaced with ceramic tile & interlocking flooring
About 1/2 of my lighting changed over to leds
Re upholstered all window treatments
Do you have a pic of your sideboard/storage and was it custom made, etc. I think I might like one of those. And any other pics of your mods.

John
zzjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #47

Latest mod was a washer and a dryer. have done so many mods, can't count them.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #48

My 2012 HR 36sbt Vacationer didn't come with HDMI cables for the three LED tv's when built, just old RCA cables. The wife and I wanted HD for these tv's plus our BluRay/3D DVD player, so I installed four new HDMI cables and added for each Tv a new multi componet wall plate to utilize all connections from the Tv's.

Added:
Slimline Travler Direct TV HD SK-3005
3000 watt inverter w/remote display
MCD Shades
Bathroom light fixture
All new chrome fixtures for shower and shower head
Added LED light to outside grab handle
Changed out all inside and outside light bulbs to LED lighting
Slice of Heaven memory foam mattress for hide-a-bed couch
Tekonsha P3 Electric Brake Controller
fryman62 is offline   Reply With Quote