Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
I’m considering using the new orphan tire as a mounted spare. On another thread, they replaced all tires Toyo for less than 2k.

What do people do with old tires? Sell them?

Many short haul dump trucks or construction type equipment use the larger tires. There are always people who will purchase used RV tires, not for steer wheels, but for tag axles or tandems on dump trucks. You should be able to get $50 to $100 each for your old tires, especially 22.5" ones. Also, make sure the tire people don't charge you the "State Mandated" tire disposal fee's required in many states since you are not disposing of the tires at their facility, but reselling them! It's not a lot, but if I'm going to be "taken advantage of" I want to be at least be kissed!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #16
CnG

Tiffin Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to CnG
Good Sam Road Assistance

Good Sam has lost a bundle of money on me. We have used the service every year and they are always prompt. The response has been for motorhomes and cars.
My son-in-law and daughter borrowed our motorhome and had a driverside front blow out in the Uinta moutains which was 40 miles from civilization. Good Sam had a truck with a matching tire out in less than 2 hours. Other times have included my daughter running out of gas, but because my wife was with her Good Sam honored the membership and had gas delivered.

An older daughter lives near Cortez, CO and drives to work at the Shiprock NM hospital returning at night when the wild animals are a hazard. I bought her a membership in Good Sam and within 6 months she hit a racoon which damaged her radiator. GS got her to a garage and then when her husband did not like what the mechanic told him he had it moved and GS paid again.

Great Service, do not believe you can go wrong with Good Sam.

Cnge
CnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:56 AM   #17

Very good comments. We should realize that every road service (except maybe AAA) contracts with local providers but their arrangements, and influence, with these providers varies. I'm a CoachNet customer and my one experience with them was outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagesByHawk View Post
Regardless of the insurance provider you choose the bottom line is who they contract with locally to where you are at in times of distress. If there isn't a reliable wrecker, tire or other service provider where you are...its going to take longer for them to get one to you and sometimes they have no control over the quality of the services/equipment provided.

Who shows up to provide you aid also depends on the financial arrangement the insurance company has with the contractor...some contractors won't do business with certain insurance companies because they take to long to pay the claim or won't agree to pay their going rate which leaves you stranded or having to pay the difference between what the insurer will pay and you having to deal with getting money back from your insurer to cover out of pocket costs.

All that said, I prefer to work with an roadside assistant provider who primarily specializes deals with larger vehicles, who have developed a network of subcontractors who have the resources to handle them. We use Coachnet for that very reason.

As we learned getting upset with the insurance company because you had to wait stranded along the road somewhere isn't necessarily their fault. They are as dependent on subcontractors to provide the assistance as you are on your insurance company to get the assistance to you.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service