Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by lakewoodpaul View Post
Went to a seminar at the Winnebago GNR a couple years ago and the engineer giving the seminar recommended Rejex. Not a wax but made for clear coat paint, Somewhat hard to remove but does a nice job.
We also use Rejex. After the first coating it is easier to apply and remove. We apply it by hand. Apply it to a small section at a time, wait 20 minutes and then remove the excess.

RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine!

Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2015, 06:22 AM   #16
I use Turtle wax ICE, and when at a campground that does not let you wash it I use 303 protectant with micro fiber cloths and change them often. It does a great job with black streaks and its ok with bugs.

Mody n Domy
full timing it
Mody n Domy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:30 AM   #17
If I remember correctly from when I had my Vette. A polish has some abrasives in it which will give you a good shine. A wax will protect better but not a super duper shine like the polish. Any comments on the process that is supposed to last 5 years dont remember the name I think delaers push it
2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
2014 Honda CR-V
SMI Stay-in-Play
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:59 AM   #18

A lot of the detailer guys I know use polish for prep and a polymer sealer instead of wax
Hal & Jackie .... 03 TS Select 45DS01
02 Haulmark 20' Edge .... 02 Corvette Rdstr

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
I had been a Meguire fan for years. This spring had the coach detailed. The company used the GLARE product line to wash and polish. I was amazed. After over 4 months and about 4000 miles just a hosing removes 99% of dust, pollen and road spray. The shine has not faded noticeably either.

I will not go back to wax-based products
Rich & Michelle
2014 Journey 42E
Chip & Dale, our kitties
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:12 AM   #20
I use nufinish on everything I have, including MH. Always does a good job.
H.B. & Deb. Molly(spoiled Shih Tzu) , 06 Pace Arrow ,36D full slide , electric jacks , 04 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aventa II , 97 Harley Heritage.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
There will be as many suggestions here as there are makes of MH I do use an orbital buffer and any quality liquid wax. I use McGuires and or Nufinish. With the new clear coats, the waxes all give about the same results. I store mine inside so the UV protection only has to last about 4 months out of the year for me.
Chuck in SW FL
A "Classic" 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:51 AM   #22

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will definitely check some of these products out!

Jeff & Kris
2016 Foretravel Realm & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Cypress, TX
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote