Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
I googled dryer sheet components. There is no acidic compounds in them. They are generally coated with a fatty molecule or silicone oil. This is what makes your clothes feel soft and not susceptible to static.

Some things are just multi-purpose.

Was told of the acid by a dermatologist owing to a skin reaction.

vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #16

Here is what I have done for years on my RV's Before every trip i spray the front with
"RainX" and leave it there. Ever try to apply a sticker to windshield after you applied RainX? the bugs practially wash off with a hose sprayer. Very little effort to wash them off.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Okay - the video didn't inspire me. On our cross country trip, bugs on windshield and on the front of our coach became a real issue. Fear of being run off at parks for running to much water was ever present. While at Wally World (Walmart) I picked up some RainX 2in1 Windshield Cleaner - wow - bingo bango bongo. Not only did work to cut the bugs the first time but there after the bugs came off very easily. I use my back flush hose to wet the windshield, spray on the RainX, rinse quickly and use my squeegee/scrubber I bought from Home Depot with expandable handle. Again wow - very few streaks and the bugs are gone.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
A few years back in southern Texas, a friend of mine just mentioned this product to remove the black strips coming from the black rubber windows seals...
Since then I've been using this product for cleaning the front end of my coach, its mirrors and also using it to clean the windshield... it is just fantastic !
I bought a regular spray bottle and the extra gallon that I'm still using some 10 years later.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=simpl...z2YqdwkFaig%3D
Old 07-27-2015, 08:36 AM   #19

Pam spray, does it work ?

Several years ago while living in the Florida Panhandle they had an infestation of " love bugs ". This was in the summer and they left a terrible baked on gooey mess. Many of the residents sprayed the front of their cars with regular Pam (not the baking kind ) has anyone tried this ?
Old 07-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #20

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy07 View Post
Several years ago while living in the Florida Panhandle they had an infestation of " love bugs ". This was in the summer and they left a terrible baked on gooey mess. Many of the residents sprayed the front of their cars with regular Pam (not the baking kind ) has anyone tried this ?

YES and WD-40 does the trick also mainly on the front air deflector, just to keep it clean !
Old 08-01-2015, 06:27 AM   #21

I filter my water before I fill my water tank on the coach. When I need to clean the front of the coach at a rest stop, or "no washing rigs" rv park, I fill a 5 gallon bucket with some of my pre filtered water. I use a "water blaster" (a kids large squirt tube gun) available at costco. One squirt to wet down the front, put a little rv soap on a telescopic scrub brush and wash down the front. Stick the front of the squirt tube in the bucket to suck up more water, and rinse the front. 5 gallons of water is plenty, and it's mine. No one can complain, and no hassle with hoses or ladders. I have had many rvers watch in amazement, commenting "why didn't I think of that".

Frank
Old 08-01-2015, 07:19 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you. Getting the squirt tube now. kudos

Old 08-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #23

Another good product is LA Awsome All Purpose Cleaner. It has an emollient in it that dissolves protein.
https://www.lastotallyawesome.com/sh...cleaner-128oz/

It comes in gallon, half gallon, quart, and 20 oz. bottles. A 20 oz. spray bottle costs $1.00 at Dollar General and other discount stores. The last time I bought a gallon container it cost $3.00. It's supposed to be diluted at a minimum of 5-1. So that's 5 gallons of cleaner for $5.00

You can spray it on and watch the bugs dissolve within a minute. I've used it on both our 2001 Adventurer with gel coat and decals, and on our 2013 Adventurer with full body paint.

It's available at Dollar General for
Old 08-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #24

BIGBEN,

Make sure you get the larger water blaster, they come in 2 sizes.

Frank
Old 08-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Alpiner

Old 08-04-2015, 11:39 PM   #26
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"dennis45".......Thanks, I actually use something similar. I use a 4" round by 1/2" thick nylon scrub pad to clean off the bugs. BUT, being an anal twit, I then want the windshield to be spotless. That requires using the nylon pad followed by spraying on a window cleaner and wiping with a clean towel. I clean my windshield before EVERY driving day. It's killing me, but I will do it until I can't anymore.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:46 PM   #27

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do the dryer sheets scratch the 3M coating used on many MH's? We had dried on bugs from the MH sitting at Cummins for 5 weeks while the engine got rebuilt. I had some old bug off spray that worked wonders on it but they don't make it anymore and I'm going to have to find something else. I also sprayed the 3M stuff with 303 when done as per instructions.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote