Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2016, 05:40 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Best way to sell

I need to sell our MH to cover the wife's medical expenses. What is the best way or place to do so?
I am just a little scared letting folks drive a 38' coach not knowing if they ever have or not.
Any ideas or help appreciated.
Handyhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #2

unless you are comfortable with dealing with "tire-kickers" and other people who know nothing about MHs, suggest you consider finding a dealer who will take away all that frustration by selling the coach for you on "consignment", usually for about 10% of the final selling price. "Most" will let you set a minimum acceptable price, and they get to keep anything over that, subject to the 10% minimum for them. Long way from Ohio, but PPL in Houston is a good example-check out their website to learn more.
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your situation.

Agree on a price and date of sale before a "sea trial".

Then demo the unit in motion with you driving. Then accompany the driver in a safe driving area like a business park or quiet road.

You will have to judge the buyer's driving capability on the spot. No way around that.

Tire kickers need to get serious about buying before a demo ride needs to occur.

The demo ride/drive is to test vehicle performance only.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I'm sorry to hear you having to take these steps. You could list it on the classified ads here in IRV2, go to RVtrader.com, or even list it on Craigs list. The more places you have it listed the better chance you'll have of getting it sold.

Only serious buyers get to drive it! You'll know who they are.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #5

Sorry to hear as well. I drove a motorhome, the one I now have, for the first time ever when I looked at it. The previous owner knew I was serious though as I spent several hours going over the coach including 1/2 hour under it. He drove it first and gave me some pointers and he also headed to a fairly remote spot then let me do the driving. I found his instructions to be very good and I had also reviewed some of the driving videos on line as well so I knew about tail swing and the pivot point. My test drive went very well and I don't think he was too panicked with me driving it

He knew I had researched his coach thoroughly and was serious. I think you will be able to tell those who are serious from those who are not.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Thanks for the help. It really stinks that we have to do this as this is the layout that really works for us. As well as nothing wrong with the coach. After we get things taken care of, we will look again and find one that will work for us.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I'm sorry to hear you having to take these steps. You could list it on the classified ads here in IRV2, go to RVtrader.com, or even list it on Craigs list. The more places you have it listed the better chance you'll have of getting it sold.

Quote:
Only serious buyers get to drive it! You'll know who they are

X2!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote