Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #29

It slides side to side. Hubby said that he cleaned it & the seal as much as humanly possible. So we're moving on to mineral oil & if that doesn't work I guess we'll replace the seal.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
It slides side to side. Hubby said that he cleaned it & the seal as much as humanly possible. So we're moving on to mineral oil & if that doesn't work I guess we'll replace the seal.
I would try Johnsons furniture polish first. do the whole inside of the toilet and it will be so slick it is easier to keep clean.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #31

The flush pedal or lever should have a half way point that fills the bowl with water (or seperate pedal/lever to fill water). Leaving the bowl dry will dry out the seal. I add 1/2 in of water to keep it wet between trips. I have had seals leak before and just wetting them a few times seems to stop the leak.

As for the angle pipe question, my guess is to prevent splash back! I had a 94 or so Damon 5th wheel that would occasionally have splash come back up to the bowl! Ewww! Never clogged, but did have splash more than once.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #32

I am told that wiping the slide seal with motor oil works wonders. Worth a try, if not, get the seal replacement. Makes a big difference having the bowl hold water, especially during those more explosive moments that you want to be able to start out with a near full bowl of water before nature comes a calling! LOL!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
I am told that wiping the slide seal with motor oil works wonders. Worth a try, if not, get the seal replacement. Makes a big difference having the bowl hold water, especially during those more explosive moments that you want to be able to start out with a near full bowl of water before nature comes a calling! LOL!
TMI
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #34

Not sure where my previous post went... weird! Well we tried the motor oil but it didn't work for us. Hubby is trying to take the toilet off now so that we can try to replace the seal. Everybody we call wants to know what kind of toilet it is but theres no markings on it & no booklet on it.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV toilets

This may help : RV Toilet Repair - How To Fix That Problem Toilet - The Fun Times Guide to RVing

A new toilet with a porcelain bowl might cost as little as $200 at Camping World. They're not hard to install but you WILL want to clean out the holding tank before removing the old one.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #36

Thanks... would be nice to know what type of toilet we actually have.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
Thanks... would be nice to know what type of toilet we actually have.
Katina,

I believe you may have what is call a Thetford Aria II Toilet. Is it an electric one?

If that is the one, I have attached the owners manual for it along with the instructions on how to replace the motor & seal. They are pricey, about $150, as I had to replace three of them before I finally tore the POS out and sold it for $300. That was the best deal I have ever done for a used RV toilet. I find that the Aria II toilets are only good to use as boat anchors.

When I had the Aria II toilet and was using it daily, it always sounded like a thrashing machine when the slider valve would open and close.

When the day came after I finally installed a Dometic Sealand Magnum Opus toilet, from that day on I have never regretted it one second. It is as close to using a residential toilet but in a RV that I have ever seen.

Good luck in fixing your Aria II toilet.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aria-2.pdf (375.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf SK_SealRep19621_19639B_012208.pdf (766.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #38

Nor'easters Club
Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
After reading this thread I came to the conclusion, poop is the worst part of rving. You will eventually get a clog. Whether it's poop or paper or a combination, it's not going anywhere until you manually dislodge it. A stick will work or better get about 4 feet of plastic tubing at a hardware store. The tube will bend and let you poke a hole in the clog and then a flush will usually fix it. The problem usually starts with someone who can't get enough paper work. The little room is not an office. As far as the electric flush, come on -- the whole process has always been automatic in the beginning and manual at the end. LOL
MaxTurner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by micki49
Got a clogged rv toilet. I need some advice. Any suggestions? Thanks
I fill my dump hose full of fresh water, raise it high and then open the black thank valve to push back in the tank. It has worked twice for me. sorry for my pour English.

Michael
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootRV View Post
I fill my dump hose full of fresh water, raise it high and then open the black thank valve to push back in the tank. It has worked twice for me. sorry for my pour English.

Michael
Welcome to irv2.com Michael! Don't worry about the English, its all relative. Your trick is interesting, I presume you close the valve before lowering the hose? If not, you better be a pretty good aim to hit the hole in the ground first time and quick before it all comes rushing back out. Reminds me of Robin Williams in the movie RV when he has to dump for the first time.

I have one of those flexy gizmos that go on the end of your hose to stick down the toilet to clean the tank. I keep it in the bathroom to use as a plunger if there is a clog. Last time I had a clog, I plunged it with the flexy thing, then brought the hose in and with a spray nozzle blasted the elbow clean. Now everyone has instructions to add some water to the bowl before depositing any solid waste and I haven't had a clog in over a year.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #41

uuuuummmm ... Thought this required some serious research.

Googled.

One method for consideration ...

How Not To Unclog A Toilet - The Awesomer

Definitely a guy thing ...

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #42

Try pam for the skids it works pretty good