Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #43

Kathryn, that is really funny!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #44

Hubby thinks we have a Thetford Bravura. I think he is ordering seals for it but not sure as I was sick all day yesterday.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
Kathryn, that is really funny!
LOL! I thought it was hilarious because I know that EVERY woman who watched it started shaking their head at the first close-up and knows at LEAST one guy who would participate/encourage ... and that there is not ANY woman ANYWHERE on the face of the planet that would consider it.

THAT is what makes it funny to women, even while shaking their head!

Ya'll have a great day!

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole

Welcome to irv2.com Michael! Don't worry about the English, its all relative. Your trick is interesting, I presume you close the valve before lowering the hose? If not, you better be a pretty good aim to hit the hole in the ground first time and quick before it all comes rushing back out. Reminds me of Robin Williams in the movie RV when he has to dump for the first time.

I have one of those flexy gizmos that go on the end of your hose to stick down the toilet to clean the tank. I keep it in the bathroom to use as a plunger if there is a clog. Last time I had a clog, I plunged it with the flexy thing, then brought the hose in and with a spray nozzle blasted the elbow clean. Now everyone has instructions to add some water to the bowl before depositing any solid waste and I haven't had a clog in over a year.
Good point, yes close it before to lower it back down :-)
Old 11-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #47

kat, I had a problem with my old moho's toilet which was a Thetford. I called them and they were really helpful with what I needed to do, which was replace my old toilet with a newer model because it would actually be less expensive then buying parts, especially for the foot pedal flush mechanisim
Old 11-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #48

See all we need is the daggone seal and you can't seem to buy it without buying the whole slider mechanism... sooo... (cross your fingers) hubby bought a couple of the seals (from the toilet to the floor type of seals) and thinks that it might work for the upper seal area as well. I hope, I hope cause our trip begins in just over a week & I don't wanna go with a stinky toilet / bathroom.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, I just changed the seals and ball on my Dometic Sealand model 2010 toilet because it wasn't holding water and it had never been done in 10 years. Good news that I did it in an hour. Surprisingly smell was not a big issue but I never had so much fun since I first changed a baby's messy diaper. Oo, the yuck hiding under the ball even though I blasted everything with a hose nozzle and drained and cleaned the tank as good as I could. Went through 2 sets of nitrile gloves and lots of Clorox Cleanup. Hopefully it will be at least 5 years before I have to do that again.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #50

The seal didn't work Looks like we may be replacing our toilet because it just makes more sense to pay $110 for a new toilet than $90 for just the seal / mechanism.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
if I ever have to replace mine it will be with a taller one. getting to old to stand up that far.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #52
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Fix the leaky toilet and as mentioned, add plenty of water before use if possible. Boondocking limits that of course.

As for skid marks, here is a neat product and it might even help hold water for a few minutes. www.happybowl.com

A picture of the issue would be helfpul. Maybe installing a black tank flushing device in that area would resolve the problem.

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote