Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our fridge is usually packed full when we leave on a trip. Freeze your water bottles for the road and keep them in the sink with even more ice if you wish. You can even put cans and other drinks in there and the ice will keep them from rattling and as the ice melts it drains away into your grey tank. Its great because you used a space that is otherwise not being used and you didnt have to fill the fridge or lug along another cooler to take up valuable space in your bays.

2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2016, 10:06 PM   #16
Wow, all awsome ideas. I think I will be trying out a few

gunnerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:12 PM   #17
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
We keep a large cooler with ice, full of beverages for long trips. Free's up the fridge for food items and the drinks are ice cold!

We keep inside when we're traveling during the day. Works great.
This is exactly what we do also. Sure we keep a couple beverages in the refrigerator but most all liquids go in the ice chest. No need to keep opening the fridge and beverages are always cold as ice.
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C towing a Jeep TJ Wrangler
530ktm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #18
If you want "really cold" get a six pack cooler and pack it then drop some rock salt in...real cold then!
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
We keep a large cooler with ice, full of beverages for long trips. Free's up the fridge for food items and the drinks are ice cold!

We keep inside when we're traveling during the day. Works great.
Same here except we also throw in 2, 2 liter bottles filled with water and frozen along with the ice.
Neal and Deb + Mya and Gizmo, the pup's
2003 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #20
We have a small office refrigerator that I put in the basement bay and I have a an electric plug there. Like Space Norman I keep the important stuff like beer and other drinks in it. It works great when outside and I need a cold one I don't have to climb up the stairs to get one. If my battery gets low while traveling before we get to a camping spot I run the gen a little. Have not had a problem plus I have a little freezer in it that we use, works for us. 2001 DSDP 330/ turbo.
Culpkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #21
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have the Norcold 1200. We moved two of the racks very close together, just far enough apart for a water bottle to fit (snugly). keep about 8-10 bottles laying down between the racks. Takes up almost no space.

2005 Discovery 39s Cat C7 330hp, AF1 brakes,
2013 Silverado Crew Cab Toad, Blue Ox Towbar
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote