Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2016, 06:24 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
This is what cracks me up. I have no idea what the purpose of the crazy lettering is for. It does get my attention, but it screams "SCAMMER"

KhshX EVerYThING ON THE UNIT woRks LIke It sHOULd
loADEd WiTh mOre HiGH-enD FEaTuReS
enjOy YOUR next cAmpiNG trip With this JAYcO

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
This is what cracks me up. I have no idea what the purpose of the crazy lettering is for. It does get my attention, but it screams "SCAMMER"

KhshX EVerYThING ON THE UNIT woRks LIke It sHOULd
loADEd WiTh mOre HiGH-enD FEaTuReS
enjOy YOUR next cAmpiNG trip With this JAYcO
It is to get around posting filters. When scammers post they make 100s of them in different markets. The post filters are to try and prevent it. The scammers use alternate character substitutions to try and circumvent the filters.
imob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by imob View Post
It is to get around posting filters. When scammers post they make 100s of them in different markets. The post filters are to try and prevent it. The scammers use alternate character substitutions to try and circumvent the filters.
Makes perfect sense.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #18

Craiglist Scammmers

I looked into it too. They are slick. They use E bay to give them credibility. They say you buy prepaid gift card and you pay for the MH that way and they ship it to you. Ha! I checked and turned them into E Bay, E Bay. You can buy the card and after you use them there is nothing E Bay can do to help you get your money back. In essence you gifted the scammer the money. "Buyer be ware".

Here is the poop from the group:

This is how it works.
Subject: Re: 1995 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37 foot motorhome From: Donna Parker <donnaparker78@comcast.net> Date: 7/15/2016 2:35 PM To: JohnG <xxxxxx@gmail.com> Please let me explain all the steps of the transaction through eBay. You will receive the vehicle in just 2 days and you have 7 days test period. That means that 7 days to decide if you want to keep the vehicle. If you do, just inform eBay about it and the payment will be released to me ONLY with your approval. If by any chance you reject the vehicle(my opinion is that you will love it) you just have to notify eBay about it and you'll get refunded in 24 hours. If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your Complete Name and Shipping Address. I'll send it to eBay to start the process and they will explain the entire procedure. The financial part will be managed by eBay which means that you will have a 7 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle and the title is transferred. That way we're both covered throughout this process.

Attached is a picture of the MH and a copy of there official looking invoice.
Hope this helps someone.

Just_John
1997 Monaco Dynasty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	146053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Your invoice .jpg
Views:	272
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	146054  

Just_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John View Post
I looked into it too. They are slick.

snip

Hope this helps someone.
Yes, and Thank YOU! That is amost identical to the Travel Trailer response I just received.

Of course, if it's legitimate I can make the TT purchase of the year! ;-)

My name is Sharon, happy to see you are interested in my 1990 Road Ranger Espre. Let me give you a few details about it. It has a clean title, free of damages or accidents of any type. Interior was never exposed to cigarette/tobacco smoke. Really good shape, never had any problems with it, Length (feet):24, Everything is in working order (sinks, pump, toilet, shower, holding tanks, fridge, heater, A/C, stereo, TV, microwave. I am selling it at this final price of $1,500 because my husband died 3 months ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason why I want to sell it asap. Me along with my daughter decided to sell the house and so we moved to my sister in Omaha, NE trying to start a new life.

I want to use eBay‎ services for the safety of both of us. The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the camper. Using eBay Motors we are both 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. so if you're interested in purchasing this camper just email me with your full name, address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay‎ that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

PS: Here is a link to the camper photo gallery: https://www.ebayphotogallery.com/zdj...9413911/1#zdj3

Regards, Sharon
DWJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #20

Another thing you can do is ask them right off the bat where it is and can be looked at. Then tell them that you are in 2 or 3 RV groups and that you can post and ask on the forums and usually somebody knowlegable about RVs can get by and look at it. They will either "be very busy" or just not reply.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #21
Commercial Member

ive bought and sold several vehicles on craigslist. with great success. i also buy a lot of things for resale off the same website. there are bargains there if you look for them.
i do not use paypal, western union, personal checks, or credit cards. i do cashiers checks, or cash only. ive never had cash bounce, or be refused. meet in a bank lobby, and ask the cashier to check the validity of the cashiers check.
its best to meet in a public place like the title transfer office, or bank lobby. take a friend, mine is 9mm. never can be too careful.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've done much the same as you except I have no friend like yours !!!

Old 05-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #23

Scams are as American as Apple Pie and Chevrolet. Our country was built on the art of the scam. The first big event in our history involved $24 worth of trinkets. Remember? There is not enough room in the dictionary to put a picture of famous Americans who belong along side the definition of scam.
Allaloneami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaloneami View Post
Scams are as American as Apple Pie and Chevrolet. Our country was built on the art of the scam. The first big event in our history involved $24 worth of trinkets. Remember? There is not enough room in the dictionary to put a picture of famous Americans who belong along side the definition of scam.
Well, to be fair - back then $24 was a lot of money. You could buy an island for that!
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:45 PM   #25

I've sold several items on Craigslist including motorcycles, boats and trucks. It works great, but there are scammers out there wanting to pay the asking price. They have several methods, but the most common is ask the seller to respond via email to their address. I will not do that and if they ask for mine through a text or thu Craigslist I give them "dave@fbi.gov". That usualy ends our communication. Or, I'll advise them to try a different scam because the one they are trying is years old. It must work sometimes though, as they keep trying.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I've sold several items on Craigslist including motorcycles, boats and trucks. It works great, but there are scammers out there wanting to pay the asking price. They have several methods, but the most common is ask the seller to respond via email to their address. I will not do that and if they ask for mine through a text or thu Craigslist I give them "dave@fbi.gov". That usualy ends our communication. Or, I'll advise them to try a different scam because the one they are trying is years old. It must work sometimes though, as they keep trying.
dave@fbi.gov, I gotta remember that one! That's rich!
jawgaboy is offline   Reply With Quote