I spent most of Sunday planning out and deciding what items would go in which basement storage locations. All in all, I think I feel pretty comfortable that everything now "has its place" in the coach.
I still find things that are quirky, and seem to have a mind of their own.
Take for example the hydraulic levelers.....
The PO reported that they went up easy enough when moving the coach from its once, permanent campsite, but I have yet to get them to go back down. Not a huge problem in the short run, as I would much rather have them stuck in the "up" position than the alternative.
The problem was that the control panel would light up normally when I turned them on, but would only hear a click or two from the solenoids, and no motor movement at all.
I knew I had other areas to attend on the coach, so again -- thankful they were stuck in the "up" position, I went on about working on other zones of the coach. I had noticed there was some oxidation and corrosion on the house battery terminals and contacts, so I set about cleaning up what I could.
With a drill mounted wire wheel and a hand wire brush, I removed each contact point, inspected, cleaned, applied a sufficient amount of dielectric grease and reassembled. Some of the terminals weren't too bad, but then there were others that looked like they came off a Subaru Brat. That's when I pulled off the positive cable to the house batteries which was the worst one.... I hit it with the wire wheel and it disintegrated into dust.
I followed the other end of the cable and discovered that it ran to the circuit breaker for the levelers. Hmmmmmm.... could it be?
A quick run to my local auto parts store netted me a new positive battery cable (the correct color) and another tube of Dielectric grease to keep things moving along. Returned home and installed the new cable, cleaned off the grounding posts I could see on the chassis and by then I was exhausted....
I climbed back into the coach, fired up the generator (which only took 5-6 attempts, as compared to the 15-20 it used to thanks to the 5 year old fuel in the tank) and hit the power button on the levelers. **WHIIIRRRRRR** They came to life!!!
HUZZAH!!! One major system restored, simply by taking a couple of hours to make sure all electrical components were clean and making good contact.
I took a pic of the bad battery cable I replaced. I'll post it when I can.
Feeling exceptionally proud of my efforts over the weekend.....