Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-20-2011, 03:54 AM   #15
We always enjoyed looking at LazyDays but we didn't purchase our vehicle from them. We went to a smaller dealer just north of Orlando, FL. You might want to check their prices. They get bank repo's. We got our DP below wholesale. Check them out at Quality Motor Coach

randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:07 AM   #16
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
Back to big RV dealers though. Thanks for the suggestions so far. Knoxville looks like it could be a destination, anyone else there?

Florida is far... 3 days travelling each way, 6 days on the road plus test fitting a bunch of coaches plus putting a deal together, getting financing, and getting back on the road. We have a thirteen year old who'd have to skip school to come with us :(
lots of dealers in knoxville area
boatnrv are about 30 miles west
we have been treated well there twice
good selection
fair pricing
check em out on line

just liven life in east tn or where ever our
2011 georgetown ,2012 explorer and 02 tbird take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:37 AM   #17
Fleetwood Owners Club
Since you may end up with a DP that can have more complex systems, I suggest you go to FL and use the 3 days travel to learn the differences between it and your gaser.

Even though we bought from Tom Johnson's here in Charlotte, NC I've heard Lazy Days offers some pretty good deals. If we trade again, that's where we will start.

Hope you're a good negotiator.

David & Gail Salisbury, NC
2003 American Eagle 42'
denochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #18
This may be too far, but I highly recommend Steinbring Motorcoach in Garfield, Minnesota. They are the second largest Newmar dealer and when we were there Jon Steinbring was very attentive to our needs. They had over 20 brand new coaches, all inside a huge barn, heated. They are a small staff, but a big dealer, and we were treated very well.

The Nation’s Newmar Dealer — Steinbring Motorcoaches

2009 Newmar 42 ft. Allstar 4188, Wheelchair Accessible, 400HP Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, Mastertow Dolly, '98 Riviera
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jim, I checked out alot of big dealers on the inter-net, ph,and in person before buying our Monaco Windsor. I found De Martini in Grass Valley Ca. to be a great dealership before and after the sale, just a thought.
Kane & Susan new to rving, FMCA member #F409623, read, listened and drove various rvs for 4yrs. Finally bought a R.V. Sept. 09.
smokeater75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
Midway in Grand Rapids MI is a large family owned dealership and provide excellent service and support.

Al Sawyer
'05 MADP
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have bought two motorhomes at Lazydays. Our sales people were Brent & Sharon Harmon and they are terrific. Very patient, very helpful. I've referred others to them and they have been happy with the service as well.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #22
Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I once bought an Rv from a dealer that was 6'8" does that count
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #23
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
I once bought an Rv from a dealer that was 6'8" does that count
Depends on if you interpret the title to refer to the motorhome or the dealer.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #24

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
If you come to Tampa I suggest you visit Lazydays. We have purchased two RVs there, most recently our new Phaeton last November. We have always worked with Joel Miner as our sales person. We have never felt pressured to buy, had all questions answered and received a fair deal including trade. The service department is very helpful and I am certain we will go back if another purchase is in our future.
Pat & Medarda Bauer; Tess and Tighe (our fur kids)
2013 Entegra Aspire/FL/Allison/Edge
Entegra Coach Owners Association
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #25

My wife and I live in IL and recently found ourselves in exactly the same situation. The dealers near us may have had a few DPs on the lot, but it was very hard to compare different models and manufacturers when the inventory was so limited.

I bought 2 R/T plane tickets on Southwest for less than $450 and we spent a weekend at LazyDays in Tampa. It was the only place where I could touch and feel SO many different makes and models all in one place. The nice thing is that the Coaches are all totally open with the keys on the dash. After a few hours we told our salesman we wanted to explore alone. We stayed there well past closing time looking and exploring and nobody bothered us even once. There were several units that I was extending/retracting slides with the engine running, etc. We took our time and looked at everything in great detail.

One word of caution- if the internet shows that they have 15 of a certain model on the lot, they may only have a fraction of them actually there. They count the "ordered" units on their website count.

After we settled on a 2011 Discovery 40G, I asked for a order sheet and my wife and I selected all of the options that we wanted to order. After coming home I faxed the order sheet to every Fleetwood Dealer in a 6 hour radius plus LazyDays. Larry K. of General RV came in the lowest of all the dealers. Lazy Days was not even in the ballpark. They have such a huge operation down there with that Crown Club "Country Club like" building with the Chefs and all the other comforts that they offer, I do not think they can compete with aggressive dealers. Somebody is paying for that beautiful setup they have. In my case there was a $6500 difference between GeneralRV and LazyDays.

I understand that you have a trade-in and your process will be a bit a different than ours. I think that mega dealers can be very useful in the research phase when you are unsure of what to buy. I would take the plane ride. Good luck-
CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!
We saw an 08 monaco knight with a front kitchen locally, and the DW fell in love with the floorplan.

Lazydays had one, Jason made me a fair deal, including a reasonable tradein offer.
We'll head down there in 2 weeks driving our tradein, with 9 days to get the deal done and get back.

The "finding" was much easier after we'd determined what it is we were looking for.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #27
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congratulations! Nice coach. You should have a great time in it.

Happy trails...
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by suwanneefl View Post
I am from Fla and went to Lazy days 3 times over a few months. First time I was interested in a new gas mh. Their online inventory showed around 10 units I wanted to see. I had my list units I wanted to see and an appointment with a salesman. Short story, salesman showed me 5 and basically said that was enough to make a choice. I was planning on paying cash so financing was not a problem. I left thinking I got a wierd salesman. Two months later after many calls from them I returned with a list of used DP's and a appointment with different salesman. Of the 11 on my list from their online inventory, he showed me 4. Basically saying same thing, this was enough for me to make a choice. I was interested in one of the units and asked if he could do a little better. He stood up thanked me for coming by and said GoodBye. Third time and I am really getting mad No list this time, why bother I am thinking. New salesman We see a DP I am interested in but he will not quote price saying someone else is interested. I leave kinda confused as in you have to have an in to buy from these people. Either that or they would be doing me a big favor to take my money. Many phone calls later from them I finally had enough of "It was a misunderstanding, come on back" and told them no more.
In my opinion, these people take high pressure sale to a new and weird high.
About 15 months ago we were looking for a coach and we wanted to handle what we could over the phone since we live in Arizona. The same type of thing happened to us on the phone. We could not get a price out of the salesman. They expected us to fly there and then work out a deal! We refused to do that without some idea of the final price. We were not able to change the salesman's mind. About six months later, after we had purchased a coach locally, he called and wanted to work out a price because they had too many used coaches. Then he acted as though we were supposed to buy from him and he was upset! Joe

2008 Itasca Latitude 39W. Cummins ISB 6.7 Turbo 340HP. Allison 6 Speed. Freightliner XCS. Michelin XRV 255/80R 22.5 LRG. SuperSteer MCU. Safe-T-Plus.
azloafer is offline   Reply With Quote