Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #29
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We did our 'shopping' at a big RV rally. We did our 'dealing' over the phone and through e-mail with multiple sales people, in multiple locations. I have no complaints with any of them and, at least in our case, all were competitive (within less than a 1% price difference, apples to apples). Lazydays was one of those we shopped.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by randco View Post
We always enjoyed looking at LazyDays but we didn't purchase our vehicle from them. We went to a smaller dealer just north of Orlando, FL. You might want to check their prices. They get bank repo's. We got our DP below wholesale. Check them out at Quality Motor Coach
I would exercise extreme caution when considering a repo. If they couldn't make the payments it is likely that no maintenance was ever done. Happy trails, Joe

Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi JimM68,
In Tennessee consider Buddy Greg in Knoxville. Go to Buddy Gregg Motor Homes & RV | Tennessee & Texas RV Dealer and Service Center and take a look. The Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area is about 40 miles away. For a luxury bus, consider staying at Hidden Mountain Resort, The Dell. It is on the boarder of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. Go to The Dell, a Class A Motorcoach Resort: Smokey Mountains, Tennessee and read about it. It is one mile off the "strip", near all the shows, restaurants and attractions. Great view of the Smoky Mountains
I would stay away from Buddy Greggs...I've had dealings with that "stealership" and none were pleasant. Their service dept is crap, and that's the nicest thing I can say about them....Just consider yourself warned.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
A Visit to Lazy Days is well worth your time.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
I was just at Lazydays for service and they have lot's to look at. Just glad the wife didn't get the bug for a new MH. You read negative post's about Lazydays and I'm sure some are valid, true of any dealer then factor in LD's size.... This is my 4th RV and the first I purchased from LD and I would do it again. I've had some issues but they were resolved fairly. My salesman was very good showing us lot's of inventory over months (while we compared elsewhere as well). Did he apply pressure? Well he is a salesperson but it was not overdone or I would have walked. Regardless of what you hear there are plenty of satisfied (even happy) RV owners that bought LD, they just may not chirp as loud as some.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #34

I beg to Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by suwanneefl View Post
I am from Fla and went to Lazy days 3 times over a few months. First time I was interested in a new gas mh. Their online inventory showed around 10 units I wanted to see. I had my list units I wanted to see and an appointment with a salesman. Short story, salesman showed me 5 and basically said that was enough to make a choice. I was planning on paying cash so financing was not a problem. I left thinking I got a wierd salesman. Two months later after many calls from them I returned with a list of used DP's and a appointment with different salesman. Of the 11 on my list from their online inventory, he showed me 4. Basically saying same thing, this was enough for me to make a choice. I was interested in one of the units and asked if he could do a little better. He stood up thanked me for coming by and said GoodBye. Third time and I am really getting mad No list this time, why bother I am thinking. New salesman We see a DP I am interested in but he will not quote price saying someone else is interested. I leave kinda confused as in you have to have an in to buy from these people. Either that or they would be doing me a big favor to take my money. Many phone calls later from them I finally had enough of "It was a misunderstanding, come on back" and told them no more.
In my opinion, these people take high pressure sale to a new and weird high.
We just purchased our Winnebago Adventurer from Lazy Days on Friday and let me say that they have a system that is very good. The first step is about an hour interview with your salesperson. They are trained to interview each customer and from the questions they ask they can pretty easily determine what coach you want and how much you want to spend. Being a retired LEO, I knew the technique as soon as it started and I thought it was pretty efficient. We then went to the financial services office and they ran our credit scores and we told them exactly how much we wanted to spend on a payment and that was it. That gave them another level of where we wanted to be and what price range.

While doing the finanicial thing, our salesperson was getting an estimate on our trade which we owned out right. She then took us out to the yards and started looking at all the ones on our list that were not already sold or under contract.

Our original thought was to buy a B or C, but I did mention an A under the right conditions. She took us first to a Winnebago Adventurer that had just come in and the owner was there transferring his gear to his new purchase. It was immaculate with less that 29k miles. It was perfect for us. We put a hold on it and then looked at our other choices. We immediately went back to the first choice and stayed with it.

What they gave us in trade was what we wanted and the end price was actually lower than we anticipated.

We took four hours there and worked within their system while at the same time listening and judging very carefully and telling them exactly how much we wanted to spend and what payment range we were not going above. The result was a coach we want and did not settle for less.

Now that I have seen how they work and the techniques behind it, I understand how it can be confusing to some who come in thinking they are dealing with a typical car salesman. In our case it was a very agreeable experience and it paid off well.

They have over 130 salespersonnel and each one is logged in an knows pretty much what each other salesperson is looking at.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #35

We talked to Joe Kiser at Lazydays multiple times over almost a full year and while we did not wind up buying our coach from them I must say that I found him extremely helpful and very professional in reviewing different coaches and options. There is a Country Inns hotel right in Seffner that is very close I understand to the Lazydays facility.

Bill
Old 03-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #36

We had heard horror stories about LD's but I believe most of those must be from people who go in there expecting it to be like a car lot and want to go in and bully the salespeople.

I had even contacted RV World in Lakeland they acted like they could care less about selling a motorhome. Very snooty. They acted like a sled lot.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #37
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our latest experience with LazyDays was a good one. We didn't end up buying from them, but wouldn't hesitate to shop there again.

Those that go in expecting trouble can become a self fulfilling prophecy. Give the sales rep a little respect, your experience will be much more pleasant. This doesn't mean you have to leave all skepticism at the door, just don't walk in with a chip on your shoulder.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Lazy Days would not be in business if they were terrible, yet no business is perfect. The other thing to remember is that they do turn over inventory fast. Sometimes it might look like they post inventory that doesn't exist, yet it is real and just moves fast. When I traded in my motorhome, I mentioned that when I got home I would send them the extra set of keys. When I called less than 1 week later, my old motorhome had already sold. Lastly, what Lazy Days really offers you is incredible inventory to look at, which few dealers in the country can do. If they stumble on the sales process, then shame on them and you can simply buy elsewhere. But, at least you were able to view some incredible inventory.