Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Big Rig friendly in Bend OR

Due to not been able to reserve(they say until further notice) for Pacific Shores in Newport, we are thinking of taking our new coach to Bend. I have noticed two nice resorts, the Crown Villa and one in Sisters that use to be a KOA. Our plan is to head down September long weekend. Has anyone stayed at either of these spots with there Class A that would be able to comment on which one is better?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #2

Crown Villa is top notch. We love it there. The KOA is Sisters is right on the highway and has a lot of road noise. Its not in the same league at Crown Villa.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Crown Villa is one of the nicest campgrounds you will find anywhere! Try www.rvparkreviews.com for reviews from actual campers, not marketing people.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
Jake

Monaco Owners Club
One more feather in the cap for Crown Villa, We took a 15 mile dirt road detour due to a closure of Hwy 97.(Another story) The folks at Crown Villa help us get our MH & toad cleaned and serviced without any problems and made our stay enjoyable.
2005 Jeep Rubicon or 2006 Canyon 4x4
:
jimpattigeib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a very bad experience at the Sisters exKOA.
Quoted one price at checkin and charged another when leaving. Told that the manager was not available and clerk could not do anything about it. Chalked it up to experience.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Crown Villa it is then, I have never had good luck with KOA parks. I read Park Reviews, the only negetive seems to be the price.....we paid $90 plus per night at Pacific Shores....usually you pay for what you get. Thanks for all the replies.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go on the Crown Villa website or call them for directions. There is one access road when approaching from the South that has a low trestle, under 13' as I recall. Sorry I cannot be more specific and chances are you will take another access but I thoght I might just pass this on. All the other comments about Crown Villa are correct, very very nice accomodations for big rigs. We will stay there in April on our return from the South West.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgill View Post
Due to not been able to reserve(they say until further notice) for Pacific Shores in Newport, we are thinking of taking our new coach to Bend. I have noticed two nice resorts, the Crown Villa and one in Sisters that use to be a KOA. Our plan is to head down September long weekend. Has anyone stayed at either of these spots with there Class A that would be able to comment on which one is better?
FYI, Pacific Shores in now accepting reservations.
1-541-265-3750 Is the reservations line
mllk3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I heard they have been taken over by the ORA (owners) and the place is starting to take shape again. Anyone been there recently to see if the rumors are true? We love this place, Bend was great but this remains our favorite.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgill View Post
I heard they have been taken over by the ORA (owners) and the place is starting to take shape again. Anyone been there recently to see if the rumors are true? We love this place, Bend was great but this remains our favorite.
The HOA now owns everything after Outdoor Resorts filed bankruptcy, I am an owner(2011) but due to some health issues we were not able to come up in 2012. I understand that the HOA has spent lots of money getting the resort back into shape.
The new brochure is out, Pacific Shores Motor Coach Resort , and the new website for reservations will be operational soon, Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort# , with the new website you will now be able to make reservations lot specific, the site will have a map of the resort and every lot available to rent will have a picture of the lot.
mllk3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #11

Have been to Pacific Shores several times this last year. Now that the HOA has full ownership the place is looking much better. Still no website but the resort is looking great and the rates are very reasonable right now.

bmcfaror is offline   Reply With Quote