Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Betr2Trvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,065
I'll add another thought on the dumping sequence, after I experienced a shtty scenario ealier this week.

Prior to dumping your black tank, do a very short dump on your gray tank to ensure your hose / connections are sound, because it is a lot better to find out they are not with gray water than black...... Trust me, I had the coupling between my hose sections come apart when the rush of black water went down the hose , thankfully I quickly shut the valve, and it was a grassy area. But a mess to say the least, and a lot of time to wash down the area, hoses etc. And yes, we told the staff so they could wash it down more if they felt it was needed. Can I just say YUK!

My new newbie rules for dumping the black tank.
First, check all hose connections and couplings
Dump some gray water just to be sure everything is good.
Dump black, (rince out if appropriate)
Dump gray
__________________

__________________
D&S
2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA; 24k chassis, Sumo springs
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 06:55 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Statgeek's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I'll add another thought on the dumping sequence, after I experienced a shtty scenario ealier this week.

Prior to dumping your black tank, do a very short dump on your gray tank to ensure your hose / connections are sound, because it is a lot better to find out they are not with gray water than black...... Trust me, I had the coupling between my hose sections come apart when the rush of black water went down the hose , thankfully I quickly shut the valve, and it was a grassy area. But a mess to say the least, and a lot of time to wash down the area, hoses etc. And yes, we told the staff so they could wash it down more if they felt it was needed. Can I just say YUK!

My new newbie rules for dumping the black tank.
First, check all hose connections and couplings
Dump some gray water just to be sure everything is good.
Dump black, (rince out if appropriate)
Dump gray
This is good advice that I hadn't considered!
__________________

__________________
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G, Cummins ISL,Freightliner Chassis, Allison 3000.
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad w/ Blue Ox Aventa tow bar and M&G Braking System
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ & Plover, WI
Posts: 1,724
A similar thing happened to me when I was using the cheaper hose from Camping World. Since I went to the Rhino hose, no more worries.
__________________
2013 43 QGP Allegro Bus
Crasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 144
I had an issue last night when I went to flush my system out when I pulled the cap off and I'm guessing some ******* kid pulled out my black water blade and pushed it back in because when I took the cap off out came the vomit inducing smell and chunky liquids from my black tank all over my hand. It came to a stop after a few seconds. After this disgusting experience, I would suggest keeping some latex or nitril gloves in your hose compartment and using them anytime you need to dump your waste.
__________________
MarkusW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:56 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
DGBPokes's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: May 2010
Location: McAlester Ok
Posts: 1,407
X 2 on running the grey as a test. Been there done that on loose connections on black dump before.
__________________
2007 Newmar KSDP. 3912
2010 Nissan Frontier SE
DGBPokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:16 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Dick1030's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
A similar thing happened to me when I was using the cheaper hose from Camping World. Since I went to the Rhino hose, no more worries.
I also went to the Rhino hose when the cheap hose that came with our used motorhome came apart on us. Luckily, it came apart as I was setting up rather than dumping. The Rhino hose is a world of difference.
__________________
2000 Winnebago Adventurer
Type MA Model 35B
Dick1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Dick1030's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusW View Post
I had an issue last night when I went to flush my system out when I pulled the cap off and I'm guessing some ******* kid pulled out my black water blade and pushed it back in because when I took the cap off out came the vomit inducing smell and chunky liquids from my black tank all over my hand. It came to a stop after a few seconds. After this disgusting experience, I would suggest keeping some latex or nitril gloves in your hose compartment and using them anytime you need to dump your waste.
I would suggest always using disposable gloves when dumping the waste tanks. This is some nasty stuff you are dealing with and I've been using them for many years. I buy them by the hundred lot, put them on before I start and when I take them off pull them inside out so that the outside, that has been in contact with the waste is now on the inside and does not have to be touched again. It's just a little safeguard against the massive amount of germs involved.

I also have a clear 90 degree fitting before my Rhino hose so that I can monitor the discharge. After I dump the black waste I use the flush for a full 5 minutes to clean the black water tank and am surprised what then gets washed out. I don't think the prior owner was as careful about cleaning that tank because it takes a full 3-4 minutes before the tank begins to flush clean water out. We just bought this rig in April.

I have been using the GEO method on this trip for a few weeks now and it seems to be effective but I have to ask others who are using it: Can chemicals also be used to cut down on the odor from the toilet? I never thought about shutting off the vent when flushing until I just read that here and will have to keep that in mind.

Thanks.

Dick
__________________

__________________
2000 Winnebago Adventurer
Type MA Model 35B
Dick1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tank, water



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gray and black water tank drains suiteowner 5th Wheel Discussion 5 02-17-2015 02:31 PM
Is TankTechsRX for black and gray tank really necessary? gabriela Gear and Product Discussions 8 11-01-2014 10:18 AM
Grey water to flush black tank gemini5362 Class A Motorhome Discussions 5 08-22-2014 01:26 AM
Black and Gray Water Holding Tank Treatments gboyle MH-General Discussions & Problems 12 04-30-2014 06:56 PM
Black and gray water leaks Ikanthearya Class A Motorhome Discussions 1 01-06-2014 08:41 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.