Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #15

Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Dennis, where do you purchase HC in B.C .
I just moved to BC a year ago. Before I moved I bought a large tub that will last me for a couple years or more. The dealer delivered to my house.
Not sure how to find a BC dealer but you can try to contact my former AB dealer or, I also see it sold on Amazon.com if you have access to a US shipping address.

:: Happy Campers - Contact Us, 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed ::

Amazon.com: Happy Campers Organic RV Holding Tank Treatment - large 64oz tub (64-treatments): Automotive

Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
Vintage RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by alpinedrvr View Post
Another vote for the GEO method...not expensive and works well.

My only problem with the GEO method is that sometimes, it is hard to find the liquid Calgon water softener... then when I do, I stock up and that drives DH batty... "what do we need that for?" But since I don't live in my MOHO... I have storage spots for it in the stick and brick.

Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #17
I can highly recommend the least expensive product available - WATER, and always enough to keep all solids covered and solvent. No special soaps, TP, or holding tank products, or, as someone said about the geo method, "snake oil" remedies.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #18
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Question? Eat it before or after its been in the black tank???????

Just asking..........
I was thinking the same thing. Don't think I want to eat it after it has been in the tank.
2008 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser
Wisdom is not a product of schooling, but of a lifelong attempt to acquire it.
Modela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #19
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have had great results with RV-Digest It. Hardly any smell and the paper is completely broken down. This winter we are camped in S Texas and use water softener because of the hard water. With out the softener here, the sensors start to scale up. Up in the NW however the water is soft enough that we don't need the softener.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Question? Eat it before or after its been in the black tank???????

Just asking..........
There's that guy on TV that goes all over the world eating just about anything. Maybe he'll try it for us!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
clean black tank

I have been using the GEO system for years but never new it was called that until this thread. My tanks are clean when in storage and never stink.
La Dagobago
99 36 FL Winne Chieftain 5.9 ISB Turbo Cummins DP, 24' box with 1972 V12 XKE Jag and HD Sporty Hobby of 1970's Suzuki dirt bike restoration. Visit my blog.
ladagobago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #22
Country Coach Owners Club
We gave Happy Camper a try and it didn't seem to do anything that Ridex does. We use 3 cap fulls of liquid Ridex in the black tank right after we dump and have had no problems. About once or twice a year I get a couple of bottles of Theadford gauge cleaner and use as directed and the gauges start working fine again. We are full timing and the best thing I have found is don't dump your tanks until they are at least 1/2 to 3/4 full. When the gray water gauge starts acting up I use the fresh water gauge to judge where my gray water level is. I generally figure about 1/4 of my fresh water goes into the black water tank and the rest in the gray. Just find out how large your fresh, gray, and black tanks are and do the math. Like anything else in the RV world there's a bunch of ways to accomplish the same outcome. Oh ya get some drain screens for your kitchen sink. This will keep out amazing amounts of stuff out of your gray water tank. I should also note that we clean our dishes with Dawn so it's already mixed in the gray water tank. If your black water gauge is acting up just grab a flash light turn off the water and take a look. This works for us. Remember if you're going to be an RV'r you have to have multiple talents of mechanic, driver, plumber, electrician, and diplomate.
Good luck.
ps use RV TP and if the wife insists on Charmin have he place her moisten paper in a trash can and dump that in a dumpster.

pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote

tank, water