Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2016, 07:49 PM   #1

Black Tank built in flush system

We recently purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Revolution, a step up from our 99 Georgie Boy. When doing the post purchase walk through, the salesman just pointed to a valve and said that was my built in black tank cleaning system. I have been unable to figure out how to operate this. There is a black plastic shut off valve and on the end is a green plastic fitting that just spins on it, no threads on it and it will not come off. So after dumping the tank I am still using the old magic wand to clean the tank!! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #2

Could you post a picture of it? Mine does not have a valve so I am having a hard time trying to get it in my mind what yours looks like.

Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:12 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On our present rig we have two hose connections. One for the grey and one for the black. They can't legally be plumbed directly into the water system but I can run a hose from the hot/cold spigot right beside them. Don't like to do that as the flow isn't as good as direct out of a hose.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #4

I have a valve with a hose connector.
Amazon.com: San-T-Flush Valve Box (SFS200BOXFGH): Automotive
I keep an old hose connected to the valve (not the same hose I use for fresh water).
Step 1 - connect the hose to a spigot.
Step 2 - set valve to which tank I want to rinse (Gray or Black)
Step 3 - open spigot valve to start rinse.
Step 4 - open the tank drain valve

Cheers
Old 05-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #5
epj

My tank has a separate connection to connect utility water to the tank to flush it. Not yet convinced it does a great job. I have one of those wand thingys with the spinning tip left over from the travel trailer days. Don't have a full pressure connection in the toilet area that I can hook it to.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pitts View Post
We recently purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Revolution, a step up from our 99 Georgie Boy. When doing the post purchase walk through, the salesman just pointed to a valve and said that was my built in black tank cleaning system. I have been unable to figure out how to operate this. There is a black plastic shut off valve and on the end is a green plastic fitting that just spins on it, no threads on it and it will not come off. So after dumping the tank I am still using the old magic wand to clean the tank!! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Steve

You are right that is a plastic shut off valve with a green plastic quick connect it came with a short hose that has the quick connect on one end and a hose fitting on the other.

Tags
black tank, tank