Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
black Tank sprayer

I have a 2003 Phaeton which has a tank sprayer but it is plugged. Called Tiffin and they said there is a cover on ther passengerside of the coach, but I can't find a cover that has access to the black tank. does anyone know where the cover or the access to the sprayer is.

Ez5iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't know if your a member of the Tiffin RV Network but try this link, you will need to log in or register if not a member.

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Login

If you can't access it you will have on your passenger side a non-opening cover that you will need to remove to get to the black tank sprayer.

Hope this helps.

John & Jill
2012 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
Cassy & Max
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
Tiffin Owners Club
I've looked for a cover but the only one i found was a cover that had the heater and some water connections under it. The basement is all closed so where do i find the opening to the tamk.
thank you for your replay.

chuck & Janice Sossaman
2003 Phaeton 40'
Old 08-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
The cover Tiffin is referring to is actually a panel about the same size as a compartment door. It should be on the passenger side just in front of your rear wheels, and will have your furnace vent outlets mounted on it. Tifffin has used a few different means of attaching this compartment cover, so you'll have to see how yours is attached. Look to see if there is a piano type hinge along the top of the panel. If so you should have two "L" brackets at the bottom of the panel. Unscrew those brackets and the furnace outlet cover, and the panel should swing up. You will need to use something to hold it up as it does not have struts. On the later Phaetons like mine there is no hinge. The panel is held on by four brackets, one at each corner. After unscrewing those you can pull the panel straight off without removing the furnace outlet cover.

Once you have the panel removed you can get to the black tank sprayer. Remove and drill the holes to 3/32". When you get to this point, see if this link helps: http://photobucket.com/black_tank_flush
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
Tiffin Owners Club
OK, I've look in the heater compartment and found both the gray and black tanks, no sprayer connection their. i also found the check value under the main sink and it work fine. The sprayer head is cloged and we can't back wash the tank. Does anyone own a 2003 Phaeton that knows any other location for the sprayer?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
On my Bus, the sprayer is on top of the black tank on driver side. You have to remove the upper part of the wet bay plastic partition wall to reach in to the spray head. It is very difficult to get at it. Mine recently plugged and I thought I was faced with cutting an access opening in the lower part of the partition to get tools in there. I tried something that worked for me that saved a LOT of work. I removed the discharge line from the anti-siphon valve located under my lavatory adjacent to the shower inside the MH. I connected an extension hose up to where I could mount a temporary tank with this hose connected to the bottom of this tank. I put in about a cup of digester powder that is used to scour the inside of black tanks. I added water to this tank and allowed it to sit for about a week. The digester mix worked its way down to the spray head and slowly dissolved the plug in my valve. Careful with the digester as once water is added it froths up a lot in volume and may spill over your temporary tank. If you want more detail, send me a private message and a phone number.
Outer Banks NC
2005 Allegro Bus 38 ft.
2004 Acura MDX toad
yudamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you for the information, I will try the digester frist. it does not make any sence to install the sprayer head in a location you cant get to?
but what else is new!!
Once again Thank You.