Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2015, 02:15 PM   #1

Black water "full" indicator red light

We are in a 2013 Tiffin Phaeton with a Dometic Masterflush 8700 toilet. I can't get the "full light" to go back to green after dumping. So far I have back-flushed 4 times and have a clear discharge. I have filled the tank with gage cleaner and left it full to soak for 2 days. The "full tank" light is separate from the coach master systems gages. Is there any other trick I may have missed?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

I'm guessing the red light is on a Dometic Tank Monitor System. This system uses floats on rods in the tank and either your full monitor float is stuck in the up position, bad wiring, or the shut down relay is bad.

http://www.dometicsanitation.com/QBa...anual_6393.pdf

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Use the GEO method as found hereThe Geo Method / Black and Gray Water Holding Tank Maintenance

My sensors still indicate correctly after 14 years by using this method.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
While I agree with and use the GEO method, in fredhgross's issue I don't think it will help. I think he's referring to a red 'full' light on a Dometic level monitoring system. It uses floats instead of tank sensors.

http://www.dometicsanitation.com/QBa...anual_6393.pdf

Bob & Donna
Old 07-15-2015, 11:37 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Fred.....The Dometic system uses a pad that attaches to the tank to tell the toilet to stop flushing when it's full. Your pad might have fallen off and is laying face down.

If you look, you'll also find a small black box, about the size of a deck of cards that controls your toilet. My coach has two toilets and once the red light comes on, the toilets quit flushing. So.......I opened the Dometic box, described above and cut the orange wire. This permanently turns off the red light and allows the toilet to flush. For us, once one of the toilets goes to red, I know I can still flush the other one at least 3-5 more times. This is important in the middle of the night.

I put a switch on the orange wire I cut, so I could turn the red light back on. Once you get the light issue fixed. it might be handy to install a switch like I did, run to the interior of the coach, so you could still use the toilet late at night. The controller on my mid bath was in an outside bay below the toilet. On my rear toilet, it was a behind a panel near the toilet.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:58 AM   #6

Something else you might give a try would be to use a tank flush wand. Mine is a Camco which fits onto a garden hose and a spinning fitting on the bottom of the wand really packs a punch. Slide the wand into the toilet, down into the tank and turn the water valve which is on the wand to the on position and simply move the wand around. This will wash the tank and can clean off those pesky sensors.
Having someone hold the flush handle open is recommended. Be sure the water supply to the camper is shut off.
Lynn
Old 07-16-2015, 10:43 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Using a flush rod might help in other situations, but the OP has an electric toilet wired through the level sensors. When the red "Full" light is activated, it disables the toilet from electrically flushing. The red Full light is activated by one of 3 floats on rods of different lengths suspended in the tank. It tissue or something wraps around the rod, trapping the float in an up position, he's left flush-less. The whole assembly is on a twist out plug on the top of the tank, like gas tank assemblies. Now the hope is that Tiffin left access to the top of the tank to remove and clean the float assembly. Of course the other option is to do as Dutch Star Don suggests and install a switch to disable the solenoid that shuts off power to the toilet.

Bob & Donna

Tags
cat, light, water