Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Black water rinse valve location

I have an 03 Winnebago Adventurer 38g and I have a feeling that the black water spray nozel is not working properly, Is there anyway to pull it and check it out? and how would I get to it?

deanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Freightliner Owners Club
The connection to the tank is most likley not accessible. It will have a vacuum breaker installed in the line, that is acccessable aft of the bathroom, most usually by taking the drawers out of the bedroom streetside cabinet.
That valve can get foreign material in it, causing it to stick open, thus flooding the floor, and below floor compartments.
It is a bit of a twist to get to it, but, they use a good grade brass valve, that is serviceable.
Your floorplan may be different, they do vary, if you notice the flooding, go inside, look for drawers you can remove, you will find it. Not that bad a fix...

Back to a 5'er after 4 yrs fulltime.
Pulling with a '14 2500 ram, 6.4 Hemi.
Montana High Country 31RE
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Forest River Owners Club
As you may know, this is a problem that comes up here from time to time. The most common reason this happens is from overfilling the black tank too much before dumping. If the black tank contents get inside the spray nozzle, and then dry, it can almost become concrete-like and plug up the nozzle holes. Another cause may be a defective check valve in that water line. It will be located right behind or part of the water hose connection for the black tank cleanout. In my case, the previous owner overfilled the black tank. Finding where you can access the spray nozzle attached to the top of the black tank may be easy--but maybe not. Someone who is familiar with your coach in the Winnebago owners section may help you. Once you can locate it, it can be removed and cleaned. Use Silicon around the mounting flange when remounting it.
Jim and Connie, Silver City, NM
2016 Rockwood Ultralite 2608WS
3 lb. Teacup Chihuahua on board
Radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I had a problem that it would leak water when I opened the Black Tank flush valve. I found the spray nozzle in the tank was plugged with minerals from the water, and causing water to be forced around the flange. Much like the aerator on the faucets will collect trash over time. I removed the flange/nozzle (3 screws) and cleaned the holes using a drill bit and turning it by hand. I reinstalled it and sealed it with silicone. A very simple fix.
95 Newmar Kountry Star, Spartan Chassis, Venice, Fla
C-PHartley is online now   Reply With Quote