RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2019, 05:29 AM   #1

Black water tank problems

I am new member to this forum and am an owner of 99 holiday rambler endeavor and have been having black water smell for a couple of months. I have discovered leakage coming from under tank and or piping. Problem is getting access to that area. Took off a panel on passenger side behind wheels and all i see is tank but cant see connections or piping. Looked in compartment behind wheels, took off a panel and see piping but area is too small to get up in and examine. How do technicians get access to examine connections and or replace tank. Is there a panel up under to access. Accessing from the sewer connection compartment doesnt seem like an option. Any guidance out there aside from going to shop and spending thousands. Thanks.

cgtalbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2019, 06:10 AM   #2

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the IRV2.com FORUM(S).

I'm wondering if you have a TRUE leak or an ODAR problem? If it'd an odor issue try a visit to an RV Parts store like Camping Word and shop for a vent pipe. It fits on top of the vent pipe on top of the RV. It will rotate 360-degrees as the wind blows and has a sharks fen on top. As the passing wind passes it acts like sucking the bad odor up and out. Now if you do have a true pipe leak, if your hand can reach the pipe you may want to try and affix some sealing tape around the pipe for a repair. Good luck and being new this may help.

When you first enter this group, a new Member may feel a bit overwhelmed by all the forums you can find here. First, you need to set up your USER CP
Once you open and start a menu will open on the left side just take it all in the step-by-step top to bottom.

NEXT, you will find this forum is made up of 14-Forums broken into four-part forums. First is the HOME, top left above the member's menu. This forum is very helpful to new members to learn and become more familiar with overtime.

NEXT TO HOME is FORUMS on the top left covering Community, RV Lifestyles, Regional and RV Camping. and to the right of this is RV Forums.

RV FORUMS on the top left covers a lot about TRUCKS, Conversations, MVT's, HDT's, Travel Trailers/5th Wheel Chassis & TECH stuff, Chassis CLUB, RV SYSTEMS, Powertrain Garage.

Then you have the OWNERS FORUMS Covering Registry, A-M, and N-Z.

Now if you pan down to the bottom of the page you will find other FORUMS and if you know or have a Class B, you can direct or join the CLASS B FORUMS at Class B Forums And if you get down to Florida this link may be very HELPFUL http://www.CampFlorida.com Enjoy the Roads.

So welcome you again, I hope you join in the fun and share your knowledge by helping new members find their way in this forum as you would in, any RV Park. Again, make sure to set up your USER CP as this is helpful to you and other members. Again if you enjoy or think of starting your own RV Blog you can do that here as well above on menu bar is BLOGS Enjoy and safe TRAVELS. You can also find RV PARKS above in CAMPGROUNDS.

Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Wish I could help but I'm not familiar with your coach. Hopefully someone will be along that can offer suggestions!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #4

Does the ball valve in toilet hold water. On my Endeavor, the ball seal was the problem. Liquid would leak pass the valve and travel along the outside of the pipe running to the tank, leaving liquid on top of the tank causing an order. Once we removed the toilet and replaced all the seals, problem was gone. Toilet also now will hold water in the bowl for weeks.
grldst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:24 PM   #5

Black water problems

I definitely have water leaking. I replaced the toilet first and tested it by keeping the toilet lever depressed and saw water coming from tank piping area. Just cant get access to that area to idenify. Dont see any water/sewage when the pedal isnt depressed.i would just like to figure out how to make a visual of the area to see exactly where its coming from. The toilet does hold water.lt seems like you have to dismantle the rv to gain access. Thanks for any input
cgtalbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #6

In my fifth wheel, the grey water tank was cracked were the inlet pipe entered the tank. I had to crawl into the basement compartment and with a sawzall, cut a access hole in the floor to reach the top of the tank. These RV's were not made with ease of repair in mind.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:59 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Get your self an endoscope for about 20 bucks and do some exploring. I have one and it comes in handy for issues like you have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry I can't answer your question. You might want to post/join the Monaco Owners forum. There are many HR owners who belong to that forum who might be able to help you.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:41 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
My black tank was cracked and I had a auto collision center weld crack with a nitrogen plastic welder , that fixed that crack but there was another one that I fixed with plasti-mend by jb weld . Rev group at Monaco Holiday rambler doesn't have any black tanks for these Holiday rambler. However I found a business in Calif that will make one that will fit , ameri kraft , check with them . There is an rv service in Glendale AZ that will remove and fix the tank , check on Monaco Holiday rambler page .
Vetl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Best way to locate the leak is to do a smoke test. Get smoke candles from places like Granger. Use a forced are source such as a vacuum cleaner that has an exhaust connection for a hose, pipe it into the tank through the discharge connection. ( I used a piece of plastic and tape to get the small vacuum tube into a sewer hose. light the candle and introduce smoke through the vacuum into the black tank and if it is a common exit both tanks. Observe smoke exit the vent on top and then look for smoke escaping anywhere else Inside and out. No smoke out the vent stopped up or restricted vent. and if no smoke anywhere but the vent you have a problem with vent gas getting back in to the coach most likely through one of the roof hatches.

Tags
ems, problem, problems, tank, water