Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We found Unique on a store shelf in Kissimmee.

Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster
The little white rats (tampons) will stop one up in a heart beat.
I call em torpedoes....
Every month, my bathroom garbage can is full of torpedo tubes...

Old 02-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #59

i had a very similar problem with the used TT i just bought. the grandkids of the owners used it to party in since it was set up out back of their house. condoms and tampons....one got wedged in the gate valve and damaged it, so i'm in process of replacing that. once i get it put back together, i'm gonna dump the bacteria to it. is there really a difference between the unique and just plain ole ridex?
knowing me like i do, i probably do a much more thorough job of cleaning it than the PO did. i can dump in a clean out for my home sewer lines, so that's not a problem. i just with it was in the backyard and not the front yard...

as for whomever had a more "solid" plug, just wondering the possibility of hooking up to the dump tank, opening the valve, and then using a plumbers snake through the toilet???? i realize it might be difficult to thread it into the drainline, not impossible, just time consuming? there's nothing in there to keep a snake from doing what it does is there?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #60

I actually own a snake but I don't think there's any way to get it down there. The plug is in the 3 feet of exit pipe below the holding tank. I'd have to get at it through there. I just bought some freaking expensive stuff at the store (couldn't find Rid-X, this is called Zyme-Out and is made in Canada) so we'll see if that works. If not, they gave me the name of a guy that will come over and pump it out which is good to have.

On a side note, even though I've been full-timing for 3 years and never had this problem before they did tell me what I'm doing wrong. I only dump the black tank about once a month. It's a huge tank and there's just me. After dumping I usually put in some water and some enzyme stuff. They told me that I need to put fresh enzymes in every week, they just don't last a month.

I guess I'm never too old to learn new stuff.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #61

So, get brave and run the snake up the pipe. Don't they have a screw type end that grabs stuff as you turn it? Run enough water down the toilet to get rid of all the brown stuff. It all comes off in the wash if you do get anything on you.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #62

Yes it does but there isn't anything up there but CRAP and a small bit of t.p. So I really don't want to do it. And it's not because i don't want to get dirty. That doesn't bother me. It's the smell I can't handle.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #63

Do what CSI does. Put some Vick's Vapor Rub on your upper lip.
If all that is up there is crap and TP, fill it 3/4 full, go for a drive and dump normally.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #64

DW and I use Northern TP in the our rig. The way I judge how well different brands will dissolve is to put one sheet in our toilet at home (brick and stick). Next time I go at home I'll check to see how well that one sheet broke up just sitting in the bowl of water. If it doesn't then it won't make its way into the Moho.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is a fitting that screws onto the drain and has a hose fitting on it. You connect a garden hose to it and open the knife valve. The water pressure will back flush the drain tube and generally break up the plugs. By the way, the plugs are generally caused by not using enough water when flushing. Anyway, do a good back flush and then close the knife valve. Then remove the garden hose and reconnect your sewer hose. Open the knife valve and everything should come out. If you still have problems then repeat the process. By the way, if you have females in your rig be sure to tell them that feminine products cannot be flushed and must be put in a wastebasket.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
"Female" products should NEVER be put down a toliet. Signs are everywhere about how bad it is for the different systems. I was never taught that so never had to unlearn that. Not sure why some are taught that it's a good thing to put stuff down a drain that will damage it.
There are only 4 things that should be going down a toliet. Cr*p, Pe*, throw-up, and TP.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #67

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I always make a point of laying out ground rules whenever we have company in our TT or MH, just so they know there are certain things that can't be done in regards to the bathroom, #1 is that nothing other than body waste and TP gets flushed down the toilet. Some people just don't know, and I would rather be safe ,than sorry , with a plugged up black tank.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #68

since my TT doesn't have a built in tank flush, i'm seriously thinking of getting one of those screw on hose flush deals, seems easier than having DW inside the TT and having to drag a hose around, under, through the door....etc. gotta get me one of them for sure. of course i'll have to have a garden hose to carry with me since typically most campgrounds i've used always just seem to have a short hose with no male end...
Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #69

Thanks for all the helpful hints / advice. After a night of no sleep worrying about it I decided to hire someone to pump it out and fix the problem. Yes I could have fixed it myself for less but it was worth the $80.00. I'm pretty sure the problem arose from the freeze we had in late Dec / early January. Killed my enzymes and I didn't have water so I wasn't flushing properly. Anyway it's all better, cleared out and I'm a happy lady. And I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #70

Oh! and FYI - an interesting tidbit of info. My bathroom sink empties into the black water tank. I guess in an attempt to keep a lot of water in the black tank. Prettty cool if you ask me.

Tags
tank, water