Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #1

Blinking Docking Lights

Hi everyone I have a 2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE and whenever I turn the key on the docking lights are flashing, I cannot get them to turn off. I have no idea why they are on and tried everything I know of.

Also when the key is turned on there is a clicking that sounds like a blinker is on however they are not. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I tried everything in my small knowledge base .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #2

Sorry your here with problems.
Docking lights are a cross over item, supplied and installed the coach manufacturer but tied into multiple chassis , systems.
Because the lights have feeds from , ignition and back up lights( part of chassis wiring ) and then a dash switch ( coach maker installed) and usually fused in the coach maker fuse panel. Where exactly the cross feed from a flasher is happening is going to be one of those lucky find things.
When looking for odd electrical problems , " I'd rather be lucky than good"
Has anything been done on the coach electrical system that may have been done wrong? Trailer plug wiring, change of an audio system in the dash ?

Old 05-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #3

I don't think anything has been done wrong. Everything was working fine for a long time. Took the RD out on a trip on on the way home noticed the sound and the blinking lights.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #4

Flashing? How quickly?
Could be they are fed from an autoresetting breaker and there is an overload on the circuit causing the breaker to operate inb an on-off cycle
Old 05-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #5

Had you been parked anywhere, that wiring could have sustained , rodent damage, or been on extremely wet roads.
Two things in electrical that will cause blinking, the two flashers ( turn signal and emergency ) and an over loaded , self re-setting circuit breaker.
First thing would be , remove both flashers , and check to see if the problem still exists. The clicking with key on and no lights, unfortunately is going to have to be tracked down by the sound, to find out exactly what component is creating the noise. A stethoscope from an automotive parts supply could help if your having trouble tracking the noise.

EDIT: and I see Tony types faster than I do , everybody types faster that I do.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are a couple ways to get em to stop.. but you said you heard the sound of blinking lights.. FOLLOW YOUR EARS there will be either a self resetting breaker (Very slow blink) or a flasher (Vast blink 1 second or there about) it's a turn signal flasher

Are you sure it's docking and not hazard lights?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Did you accidentally turn on your emergency flashers?

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you set your remote door lock to lock then open the door it will make the docking lights flash.
Try to unlock the door using the remote door lock.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEETWOODLE View Post
Hi everyone I have a 2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE and whenever I turn the key on the docking lights are flashing, I cannot get them to turn off. I have no idea why they are on and tried everything I know of.

Also when the key is turned on there is a clicking that sounds like a blinker is on however they are not. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I tried everything in my small knowledge base .
You coach has an alarm system on it and it's tied to your door locking system at the passenger's side table. You need to go inside your coach and "unlock", "lock", and then "unlock" it again. Your lights will then stop flashing. There is also an alarm for your coach somewhere under the front "hood" that has been disconnected otherwise it would sound with the flashing lights. We have a 2004 Revolution and had the same issue. If you call Fleetwood customer service (toll free number on their website) and speak w/Debbie - she can walk you through and/or answer any questions you may have regarding your coach. She's a real gem. Also, should you need any factory items for your coach (I had to order some new border and a cabinet knob for ours), their parts dept is very knowledgeable and will send you a picture via e-mail to make sure you are talking about the same item. Be sure to have your VIN number and ID number (located below the driver's side window) when you call.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #10

Curious, what are "docking lights"?

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #11

Our revs have lights around the peri miter of our coach (clear lenses) that light up your surroundings. You can use them when parking (or docking).

akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights