Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #15

I think you purchased an excellent product. We all will look forward to future posts on how you like it. Please update us when you get more miles with the Blue Ox.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
I drove my MH in a strong cross wind for the first time today. It has made an absolute huge difference. Before I locked it in place, I was steering into the wind with the steering wheel turned about 12 - 15 degrees. After I pushed the button, I was able to drive with a level steering wheel! Great difference! Money well spent.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #17

I no understand how this works. If you push a button to recenter the steering due to a cross wind, what do you do when the wind stops or truck passes or whatever? Are constantly having to readjust this thing via the switch? Does it install like the Safe-T-Plus where you have to drive it down the road to make straight and then tighten the clamps? Thanks.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
You don't have to do anything when a truck passes. The system simply holds the steering straight. Once you are driving straight, you push your electric switch and it sets the ram to hold it there. If the wind stops, you have to re-set with the switch. Very easy to use!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
It installs basically the same as a Safety Plus but no further adjustment of the clamps is required. After you determine you need a adjustment all you do is hit the button for 2 seconds and it centers the steering. Trucks going by have no effect. It all but eliminates the wander in the steering. Constant adjustment is not necessary. In our last trip of 4,700 miles I may have hit the buttom 3 times. It makes the steering adjustments electrically by extending or retracting the piston.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #20

Hum. Guess I'll hunt around for a demo video. Thanks.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Go to Blueox.com.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Have had the tru center for 9 months and 4000 miles. OUTSTANDING addition would never consider not having it. I went to the Blue-Ox factory for the install. Excellent experience.
jsabatinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dude 66 View Post
a friend of mine saw a class a that had a blow out on the front and it wrecked them. I figure that even it doesn't help in the wind as much as i hope, the safety factor will still be worth the cost.

we had the blue-ox in our last mh and loved it, made driving much easier and was a safety factor to us.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #24

Blue ox

What does this unit cost?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't remember but I ordered from rvupgrades.com.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
I no understand how this works. If you push a button to recenter the steering due to a cross wind, what do you do when the wind stops or truck passes or whatever? Are constantly having to readjust this thing via the switch? Does it install like the Safe-T-Plus where you have to drive it down the road to make straight and then tighten the clamps? Thanks.

As someone else said. When the wind stops, or when you turn a corner, You just push the button again to re-center, No muss, no fuss and no getting out of the driver's seat.. I find I do not often make wind based adjustments.

Installing. You aim the coach straight as possible, crawl under and bolt it on just like the others, Run the wires, and drive, if it's off a tiny bit (and it likely will be. PUSH THE BUTTON.

Most of the others you have to crawl back under with wrenches and hammers but not the True-Center,,, you just PUSH THE BUTTON.

I have felt two trucks pass me in the six years I've driven with one.. Just 2.

And those 2 were on 2-lane roads, not freeways (Going the other way).
Old 11-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I know that come Spring I will have one on my coach. Everyone has been so helpful about this unit. Macktee
Macktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #28

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
We had one of the problematic units. It locked while I was making a left-hand turn. Fortunately, we were in a campground driving slowly, and I was able to stop without hitting anything. I had to climb under the coach as it sat there in the campground roadway to disconnect the Tru Center before I could move the coach.

They took almost a year with the redesign and testing before they replaced my unit with a new one. I was hesitant to put it on, but I'm glad I did. We have had the new one for 2 years now with no problems. I like the way I can re-center the steering when in a cross wind. The unit is also supposed to help keep you going straight if you ever have a blowout. I hope I never get to try out that feature.
My story is much like PAZ's.. The difference.. When Mine locked, also in a campground, I was at a stop sign and not actually moving.

Beyond that, Like Paz I mailed the old one to Pender, NE. They sent me a new one much later, The new one ... Well let's just say the impression I had of it was considibally better than the old one.. So far the only problem I've had with the new one is....Well, I've not had a problem with the new one.

One side note: I visited Pender some time ago.. They told me one of the problems was solenoid burn out from folks sitting on the switch for way more than 30 seconds.... They were trying to design a fix.. I made a simple suggestion.... A time out timer.

What was in the new box that the original did not have... A time out timer.

Though my job for over a quarter century was telling cops where to go (A great job, They actually PAY me for doing it) My training is in science and electronics.. Comes in handy some days. And general science at that, no specific field.