Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #1

Blue Ox TruCenter or ? What is the best?

Have a 2001 Fleetwood Discovery.... need to do something about the steering... seems a little sloppy and requires constant attention.. any help ..Thanks
billbirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #2

there is an entire Fleetwood section ... check in there ... I'm sure you'll find the answers you're looking for ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:33 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

I have moved your thread to the Class A RV general discussion Forum...maybe add the make/model of the chassis?

We have a Safe-T-Plus that does exactly as advertised and is affordable. If we were on the road more, an adjustable steering damper would be great...it's all in what the owner desires, considering cost.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:24 AM   #4

After researching the many brands of steering stabilizers that are available, I chose the Blue Ox Trucenter.
The fact that you can adjust it on the fly (dash mounted button allows to adjust the piston and then re-center again) was the deciding factor for me.
Simple to install with the right tools, works as promised!
csidave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:34 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Sorry I can't help with your question.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:44 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have the Blue Ox True Center and love it. Having the ability to hit the button to adjust is a great feature.

One caution, if you have a lot of free play in your steering this, or any other steering stabilizer, may not help.

What it does best is it takes the pressure off of the steering wheel when there is a cross wind or a slanting in the road requiring much less effort to keep the rig. straight.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Here's the place to go for answers.

Henderson's Line-Up Brake & RV Inc.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #8

I have the Blue Ox TruCenter and it is working well for us. The first one broke on the first trip (!) but Blue Ox was great. They sent us a box to send the broken one back in and paid for the postage back. They sent me a new one and it has been working well. I like that you can adjust the steering with the push of a button.

We did the installation ourselves and the hardest part was finding a place to get power and running the wire to the device.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two things: the subject line says "Blue-Ox or TruCenter"

Uh. same device.

Second: That is what I had installed on my Workhorse
Now this was an older version and it had a problem.. Dang thing locked up and as I recall I could not turn LEFT (may have been right) more than a tiny amount.. Well.. I got it on site and then dropped it.

OH MAN did I notice a difference!!!!!!

Blue ox Replaced it with the new model (Note there were several issues with the old one, one was the solenoid coil would burn out if you sat on the button too long.. So they put a new device in the box.. A timer.. IF you sit on the button it times out and shuts off protecting the coil..... I suggested that timer to them, We hams use a lot of those timers for one thing or another).

But I love it.. I understand the Safe-T-Steer now offers remote re-centering same as the Tru-Center (in 2005 they did not) and that was the feature that drew me to Blue-Ox but I love that thign, works great.

I also added a front Trac Bar .. that too made an improvement.

Tags
blue ox