Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2016, 07:11 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Blue Sky ERS - Emergency Road Service

This is a question for those insured with Blue Sky.

We've had Coach-Net Emergency Roadside Service for over ten years. I missed the renewal this year by a few days so it now appears I'm no longer grandfathered in pertaining to the old "Gold" plan which covers both the motorhome and the toad (I have no idea if "grandfathered" means forever or not but the Coach-Net rep I talked to had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned "grandfathering" so I'm thinking that it was only for one year). I now have to renew at the "Premier Plan" to have both the coach and the toad covered. The "Premier Plan" is $159/year which is quite a jump in price so I figured I'd look elsewhere.

We've only had to use Coach-Net coverage once in ten years for a minor tire issue and I wasn't that impressed with their service so I really look at ERS as more for "insurance" purposes rather than an absolute necessity.

We've used Blue Sky for our insurance carrier for the past five years or so but have always declined their ERS coverage because we always figured that Coach-Net, even though more money, would be the better alternative because of their superior reputation. Blue Sky ERS or what they call the "Blue Sky RV Motor Club" is only $52/year for their most comprehensive ERS coverage that covers both the motorhome and the toad. It's described HERE at the bottom of the page.

However, now that we have to pay $159 at a minimum for Coach-Net to get both the RV and the Toad covered, $52 looks awfully enticing at this point in comparison.

Blue Sky ERS is provided through a company called Nation Safe Drivers (CLICK). I've not heard too much about them anywhere. From their website, they seem to be a big player in a lot of things both RV and automotive.

So my question is, does anybody who uses Blue Sky as their insurance carrier also use Blue Sky ERS? And if so, how does their service compare with any other RV ERS you've had previously? ...i.e., Coach-Net, Good Sam, AAA, or Allstate RV ERS? I'm not looking for reviews of any of those separately but really want to know how good the Blue Sky ERS coverage is in comparison with those. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2016, 11:36 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
This is a question for those insured with Blue Sky.

We've had Coach-Net Emergency Roadside Service for over ten years. I missed the renewal this year by a few days so it now appears I'm no longer grandfathered in pertaining to the old "Gold" plan which covers both the motorhome and the toad (I have no idea if "grandfathered" means forever or not but the Coach-Net rep I talked to had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned "grandfathering" so I'm thinking that it was only for one year). I now have to renew at the "Premier Plan" to have both the coach and the toad covered. The "Premier Plan" is $159/year which is quite a jump in price so I figured I'd look elsewhere.

We've only had to use Coach-Net coverage once in ten years for a minor tire issue and I wasn't that impressed with their service so I really look at ERS as more for "insurance" purposes rather than an absolute necessity.

We've used Blue Sky for our insurance carrier for the past five years or so but have always declined their ERS coverage because we always figured that Coach-Net, even though more money, would be the better alternative because of their superior reputation. Blue Sky ERS or what they call the "Blue Sky RV Motor Club" is only $52/year for their most comprehensive ERS coverage that covers both the motorhome and the toad. It's described HERE at the bottom of the page.

However, now that we have to pay $159 at a minimum for Coach-Net to get both the RV and the Toad covered, $52 looks awfully enticing at this point in comparison.

Blue Sky ERS is provided through a company called Nation Safe Drivers (CLICK). I've not heard too much about them anywhere. From their website, they seem to be a big player in a lot of things both RV and automotive.

So my question is, does anybody who uses Blue Sky as their insurance carrier also use Blue Sky ERS? And if so, how does their service compare with any other RV ERS you've had previously? ...i.e., Coach-Net, Good Sam, AAA, or Allstate RV ERS? I'm not looking for reviews of any of those separately but really want to know how good the Blue Sky ERS coverage is in comparison with those. Thanks.
I cannot answer your question However my good sam policy is about 100.00 per year and i get it for 2 0r 3 years whatever they will let me and get a small discount on that. It says it is for any vehicle I own not just the rv and toad

gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:32 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
I cannot answer your question However my good sam policy is about 100.00 per year and i get it for 2 0r 3 years whatever they will let me and get a small discount on that. It says it is for any vehicle I own not just the rv and toad
Thanks for your response! Yes, Good Sam would probably be my second choice as they seem to be the best value after the Blue Sky option for what we need. The Blue Sky RV Motor Club is obviously the best bang for the buck at $52 and that also is for all vehicles owned.

I'm just wondering how good it is as I don't think I recall anybody here discussing the Blue Sky ERS. If anybody knows of a thread where it's been discussed, please post the link. I did a quick search but didn't find anything. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
To those insured with Blue Sky, and like us, opted out of their Blue Sky RV Motor Club ERS for $52 a year because you either had Coach-Net (like us) or Good Sam, I've attached the benefit summary of the Blue Sky RV Motor Club below.

I went ahead and added it to our policy and will cross my fingers that they will respond appropriately if it's ever needed. I'll just have to take the chance that it will be acceptable as I wasn't able to find any reviews from RVers anywhere nor had anybody responded to this thread as to their experience with Nation Safe Drivers ERS when it comes to a Class A RV.

At $52, it's about one third of the price of Coach-Net and half the cost of Good Sam ERS. Sure, you don't have a 24-hour RV technical assistance hotline to call in the middle of the night because the furnace broke down on a freezing night but like I say, I've never used that hotline in the ten-plus years we've had Coach-Net. Yes, we'll kick ourselves if that hotline is ever needed but like I say, we've never used it.

I realize that most don't mind paying the extra amount for Coach-Net and I'm sure everybody considers it worth it as Coach-Net's reputation is the best out there. However, I'm disappointed at how they structured their new package choices and the steep price increase associated with the comprehensive "Premier" package.

Whether Blue Sky RV Motor Club (through Nation Safe Drivers ERS) will send the correct tow truck should the need arise is yet to be seen but all we can do at this time is hope they will.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blue Sky RV Motor Club benefits.pdf (945.7 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #5

Anyone have experience with Route66 RV Club? They offer a Roadside and Tech service 24/7 $119 annually. It was mentioned to me by a passing RV enthusiast and said they'd come to you any time of the day no matter the location but I can't seem to find any reviews or past experiences with them. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to the forum, wrightpath . No, the ERS through the Route 66 RV Club is evidently administered through VAS (Vehicle Administrative Services, Ltd. --click) and has no connection to Blue Sky RV Motor Club or Nation Safe Driver's emergency roadside assistance.

VAS RV emergency road service is what FMCA now uses as the administrator of their ERS (click) as they recently dropped using Coach-Net. As you can see, the description of the FMCA ERS and the Route 66 Club ERS (click) are just about identical ...again, they are administered by the same company, VAS.

You may want to start a separate thread for this as your question may not be seen by many on the forum since it's hidden in this thread which calls attention to Blue Sky ERS.

Tags
service