Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #1

Bluefire disappointment

2005 Airstream xl 396 Cat c7 330 hp. Frieghtliner chassis.
Recently purchase the blue fire 9 pin system. I was impressed with the comments on the forum. Was still impressed with the software downloaded to my Ipad air. I was able to set up my dash with no problem. However, I must be missing something as I am not receiving the kind of data i was expecting. I do not get primary and secondary air pressures nor fuel tank levels, calculated mileage doesn't seem to work either. I did pickup boost pressure. And the last engine code did not register, that was what I really wanted out of the system. Anyone else been disappointed with this monitoring system?
terryl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #2

Blue fire websight has a forum you will do better there getting help from the makers of unit. There are 2 threads on here one is mostly dash layouts. You wont get data that is not actually read by your ECM BUS not sure if your 05 reads the air tanks. I think sometimes they have to be searched out. I hope you will get help. I thinking about getting blufire I'm sure my 95 will be lacking a lot of data newer rigs read out.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Keep in mind, the Bluefire system can only see what the engine computer sees, as it's connected to the ECM data port. Your engine computer does not look at or see air tank pressures, so they won't show up on the screen. As an example, I would like to look at exhaust gas temps on my Cummins. Unfortunately, the Cummins engine computer doesn't look at EGT's. Instead, it looks at Intake Manifold Temps, so I ask my Silverleaf program to show that instead.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:14 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you read through this thread VMSPC replacement option Lot's of good information and suggestions from those that have run into issues.

If you don't find the answers you're looking for I would suggest posting your question there as many Bluefire users are subscribed to that thread and would be more likely to see your post.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #5

Just spent a few hours reviewing the 38 posts recommended. Interesting time spent. I have come to the conclusion that my 2005 vintage coach is not supplying readings I was expecting. However, I am delighted with being able to see the turbo boost that was missing from my Freightliner dash. Engine Status is the one I need to revisit my settings to see if I missed a selection box. I will be reviewing the drive and repair and adjust my dashboard to reflect what is available to me. Also need to take a better look at fuel gauge and issues with trip and mileage calculations. Thanks to all for your postings!
terryl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:16 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryl05 View Post
Just spent a few hours reviewing the 38 posts recommended. Interesting time spent. I have come to the conclusion that my 2005 vintage coach is not supplying readings I was expecting. However, I am delighted with being able to see the turbo boost that was missing from my Freightliner dash. Engine Status is the one I need to revisit my settings to see if I missed a selection box. I will be reviewing the drive and repair and adjust my dashboard to reflect what is available to me. Also need to take a better look at fuel gauge and issues with trip and mileage calculations. Thanks to all for your postings!
Glad to hear it was helpful.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Make sure that the ‘Connect to a J1708 data bus” is checked in “Settings”. Older coaches used this protocol only.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #8

I have the VMSpc connection plug to USB running on Win 10, will Bluefire work with this or so I need to buy something else? TIA
blewis9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis9991 View Post
I have the VMSpc connection plug to USB running on Win 10, will Bluefire work with this or so I need to buy something else? TIA
Yes it will work, but I would like to suggest you read through the thread linked in post #4.

Tags
fire