Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2019, 09:42 PM   #15

I've got one I bought for working on the Goldwing. Now I use it to check on the baby birds in the birdhouse in the carport.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2019, 05:21 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
The Shop I worked at had one (Snap-On brand). They are pretty nice to have. I've been thinking about getting one too.

A couple of things to consider when looking for one: IMO
1) Small enough head to fit into spark plug hole (i.e. 5.5mm to 6mm camera)
2) LED light at end, of course.
3) Mirror attachment so you can stick in the spark plug hole or injector hole and look down at piston or look up and see valves).
4) Adjustable brightness and contrast
5) focus and clarity of image (resolution (i.e. 640x480), etc.)
6) Long enough wand to see down a house's interior wall to locate plumbing/electrical/etc.
7) recording and/or snap-shot photo ability
8) replaceable/rechargeable batteries
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:18 AM   #17

Jayco Owners Club
Bought "cheap endoscope" from Amazon that uses your smart phone. I used it yesterday to route satellite cables on the RV. An added benefit is that you can pick up extra cash while traveling by doing medical procedures.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydream37 View Post
Bought "cheap endoscope" from Amazon that uses your smart phone. I used it yesterday to route satellite cables on the RV. An added benefit is that you can pick up extra cash while traveling by doing medical procedures.
Lol![emoji23]
gerdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #19

About the tank being gone and pipe plumbed straight thru - that would be ok with as I don't plan to move it but at least I would know why. The endoscope use looks very promising to me. I went onto to website that was referenced and read most of the reviews. Most were positive but I wonder if the camera would remain clear long enough to check things out. If it would then it would only be in focus between 1" and 3". The probe is 3/8th diameter and about 2" long before being flexible and semi flexible and reviews indicates it should make a normal 90 degree elbow. Price is good will buy one to take with me to try. I do not have a back flush hookup but that is cheap also so will try that also. Thanks again for the ideas.
jimlynda60 is offline   Reply With Quote