Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #1

bosch brakes

I have a 2003 Beaver Barron, while replacing the rear trailing arms I found that a rear brake rotor has a crack thru it. I started checking and found that workhorse has a recall on bosch brakes as well as the old monaco( which my coach was not part of). I have been reading all the posts and researched the workhorse recall and found that my coach has had some of the symptoms. My question is does anyone know the part numbers for the replacement calibers and rotors for this recall I can not seem to find them just a kit number from bosch that I can not find on the internet. The bosch site is not very consumer friendly.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
which chassis model do you have? You should be able to get part at any Workhorse service center or even NAPA by just giving them your VIN.

az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
If you google "workhorse brake recall" it will take you to the site that has the information about the brake recall. It is on the Workhorse site. I don't know if you have a workhorse chasis. Hopefully it will be of some use.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #4

its a roadmaster 4r4 chassis, and on the workhorse site I never could find any part numbers for the replacement parts. Oh well I keep trying, I just hate to have to get the parts from Monaco because they are so overpriced and I have not been able to get part numbers from them in the past. Looks like I give fleetpride a try on Monday.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #5

typo r4r chassis
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
the chances of your Roadmaster DP chassis using the same size rotor as the WCC used are slim. Having the WCC part number would do little good because "most" parts stores don't have any cross-references to Workhorse parts.

Any good heavy duty truck parts shop "should" be able to match what you have with a supplier of rotors. OR
You may find what you need at a supplier such as : http://brakeperformance.com/index.php?ad=oldsite
Good luck!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bosch makes many differant brake components for many differant aplications and I dought that yours are the same as the ones in the Workhorse brake recall. The cracks and symptoms you discribe can happen to any disc brake system even on cars.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #8

I HAD a 2002 Monaco Knight, same 4 bag system and Bosch brakes. Also had the arms replaced. I had 2 different brakes freeze on 2 different trips. Repairs were around $1000 each time. Could not find Bosch/Workhorse parts to fit as I had the bigger brakes. Found http://bandwbrake.com/ and got 4 calibers and pads. You can check their price and I had them installed by my local independent truck repair guy. Never had another brake problem and it stopped better than it ever did before. Check them out. RNM
richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #9

I HAD a 2002 Monaco Knight, same 4 bag system and Bosch brakes. Also had the arms replaced. I had 2 different brakes freeze on 2 different trips. Repairs were around $1000 each time. Could not find Bosch/Workhorse parts to fit as I had the bigger brakes. Found http://bandwbrake.com/ and got 4 calibers and pads. You can check their price and I had them installed by my local independent truck repair guy. Never had another brake problem and it stopped better than it ever did before. Check them out. RNM
richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #10

Smile All repaired

brakes all repaired, bosch brakes same as workorse/bosch recalled brake. Calibers had all the symptoms and visual signs as shown in the workorse recall. Fleetpride had all the parts in stock to repair, Cost $387 and a couple hours. Coach stops better than when it was new.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by crempud View Post
brakes all repaired, bosch brakes same as workorse/bosch recalled brake. Calibers had all the symptoms and visual signs as shown in the workorse recall. Fleetpride had all the parts in stock to repair, Cost $387 and a couple hours. Coach stops better than when it was new.
crempud: THANK YOU for posting your outcome. I wish more members would do that after starting a thread.

You seem to be saying that your Roadmaster R4R chassis uses the SAME caliper and rotor as was recalled by Workhorse / Bosch, and that your parts cost was $387.00. Was that for a wheel or an axle? Please eloborate with part #'s if you have them.....thanks.
Ed

Tags
bosch, brakes