Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #1

Bought any Goodyear Tires Lately?

Started shopping for six new Goodyears, (275/70r 22.5) this week and damn near had a heart attack. Seems the cost of tires is going out of sight. The lowest price quoted was $564/ea and the highest was $691/ea plus installation, balancing, stems etc.

Anyone purchased these lately at a decent savings and want to pass on where you got them? I live in south Florida and have a cross country trip planned in the spring.

Please keep the replies limited to Goodyear. It's not my MH, belongs to a friend who is letting me use it for the summer and he likes Goodyear.
speedpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #2

You might want to consider looking at Toyo Tires. They are highly rated, and when replacing my 6 Michelins XZAs I saved over $1000.00. We've been pleased with their performance, ride, and handling.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg View Post
You might want to consider looking at Toyo Tires. They are highly rated, and when replacing my 6 Michelins XZAs I saved over $1000.00. We've been pleased with their performance, ride, and handling.
You must have missed this in the OP's post:
Quote:
Please keep the replies limited to Goodyear. It's not my MH, belongs to a friend who is letting me use it for the summer and he likes Goodyear
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #4

A couple of years ago when shopping for a set of tires for the towd, I discovered that prices for tires were regional. We had a trip planned from FL through GA, SC,NC, KY, TN, OH, IN, MI. I found pricing for tires in IN to be 40% or so less expensive than in FL so I bought them there. I am getting ready to buy motorhome tires and am finding pretty much the same thing.

It sure would be worth some phone calls along your planned trip route just to see if this holds true for you.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #5

goodyears are junk
panga22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Hinkle Interstate Tire
Exit 201 Interstate 75
Jackson Ga
My son owns this shop you might give him a call for a good price on tires. If you leave me the information here I'll get some prices. You would have to arrange in advance. This is a full service shop that is in a good location. He can get about any brand. He operates his heavy haul trucking company out of his tire / repair shop.
rdkng88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #7

Got a quote on Michelins from Costco...about $150 cheaper than the G.year. Plus I've had GYear tires...they're just "meh".
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #8

I have Goodyear Tires on my tags. I believe Goodyear owns Dunlop. I bought two Dunlops 6 months ago because they were significantly less money, made in the USA, and looked the same as the Goodyear tires.

Just another comment. I have had BF Goodrich, Michelin, Goodyear, Dunlop, Firestone on my motorhomes in the last ten years. All worked well. No problems with any of these.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #9

And for the most part, the prices aren't THAT much out of line. Tires have become MUCH more expensive over the last six years or so. I think the price of COSTCO MX LTLs have doubled. My race tires (which weigh all of about eight pounds apiece) have gone up from $800/set to $1200/set in the last two years.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #10

Hey, I'm not a Goodyear fan either and tried to convince my friend to use something else but he loves his Goodyears. I like Michelin on my cars but he and his son experienced blow outs with them on their MH's. Also a fan of Hankook's which I've found to perform as well as Michelin at half the price. Either way, this is too good a deal to pass up for me. For the price of six new tires and a service I have the use of a 40' Monaco Diplomat for the summer.
speedpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #11

Good Year had their share of motorhome blow outs. Anyone recall the lawsuits surrounding a few years ago (the G159s) ? Even the G670s are not without incident.

we've had a blow out with Good Years. I know it can happen with any brand, but when it happens to you, you start having your doubts about running the same tire.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #12

Just got a set of goodyears g670 265/75/22.5 for 1950 from simpletire.com,had them shipped direct to installer
Dharr10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires