Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #1

Bounder: 97 Front Heater not working

Rear Heater works great. Front heater does not turn on. Doesn't make a sound and fan does not come on. Visually looked at heater and nothing looks bad visually. That is all I know to do. Any ideas? It is a gas furnace.
ohcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #2

Well, the first thing that has to happen is for the thermostat to turn on? Is there a separate "off" switch that might be preventing that?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #3

Thanks for the response.

I have checked fuses and breaker and they are all good. Checked thermostat on wall and it seemed to working. Actually behind the control panel I put the front thermostat on the rear switch and the rear heater worked with the fronts thermostat. So I believe I have ruled out the thermostat. At the front heater there is an on and off switch. It is on. I did notice though that inside the front heater area it is very wet.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #4

There should be 4 wires going to the furnace if you look in it's immediate vicinity. 12v, Ground, and the 2 t-stat wires. You might check for voltage at that point? If you have power there, and the t-stat wires are shorted together, it should at least try to start. If not, the trouble is within the furnace. They aren't particularly hard to work on by a do it yourselfer. Fairly simple to troubleshoot with nothing more than a test light, but out of context here in this forum.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #5

Thank you! We were able to figure it out sort of.. The thermostat (I think that is what it is, it is white) attached to the right of the heating unit and has a red and black write going to it , has a button on the bottom of it that was stuck. We moved it a few times and the heater started working. So that was awesome but now it won't shut off unless I turn the heat off. Do you think that piece is just bad and needs replaced or is it something else?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #6

The thermostat is on the wall? Not sure what you're looking at, Scared to even hazard a guess - but I'm glad you've pretty much proven there's nothing wrong inside the furnace! Best of luck.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #7

Yeah it is always scary when i start to explain electrical problems! Thank you!

Tags
bounder, heater