Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-03-2016, 06:45 AM   #1
Bounder Slides and Levelers not working

I have a 2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 35s. I had it parked at my house with the slides in and the leveling jacks down for 3 days.

There is no power to the controls for the leveling jacks (power gear), and neither the jacks nor the slides will work. I am going through the proper procedure to use them....engine on, emergency brake pressed. I made sure the battery disconnect switches are switched on.

The chassis battery and house batteries are fully charged, test out fine, and were new in April.

I flipped every breaker and checked every fuse I could find in the fuse panel and battery control center.

If I press and hold the auxiliary start switch while operating the slide and/or jacks, they power up and work perfect on the house batteries.

I have tried this with generator power; shore power; and no power with the same results.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? My electrical ability doesn't go much beyond checking voltage and continuity.

Thanks for your anticipated help. I'll check back after work today.

bounderwvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are all your other 12 volt circuits working normally other than the jacks and slides?

2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #3
The only outlet that doesn't have power is the ground fault near the kitchen sink. I don't remember if that's a new problem or not.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #4
Happy Traveler : )

is your inverter/charger connected to your GFCI line?
reset the GFCI, usually located on the outlet in the bathroom, which usually has several items associated with it, not just the bathroom.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
Thanks so much. The ground fault in the bathroom was tripped. I reset it and everything works.

Thanks again.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #6
Thanks for sending the discussion in the right direction.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #7
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
That's awesome isn't it?

You've searched everywhere, read everything, checked everything and ran out of ideas. So you post the problem and someone says, "have you checked the GFI". I love it. The people on this site are awesome. I read this site at least an hour a day relaxing in my living room and learn so much.

Husband & Wife TEAM - Houston, TX
Army veteran
2012 Winnebago Vista 35F, Nearly 36', Ford Chassis V-10, 50amp, stored inclosed
marjoa is online now   Reply With Quote

bounder, levelers, slide