Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I've replaced my front rotors and pads myself. front rotors should be less than $100 each. All rotors are made out of country, Mexico, China or South Korea. I've had very good luck with out of country "cheap" rotors on all my vehicles.

The thing about brake pads are some do not have stainless steel anti squeal plates on the back. I've tried the silicon anti squeal goop on the moho with out a lot of success, it wears our really fast, so I spend the extra money for the brake pads with the steel anti squeal plates. With the plates should be about $90 per axle, don't go cheap on these.

Time, most of the time is going to be spent replacing the rear rotors. On my moho you must pull the rear axles, unless they have changed the design. It is a PIA and some hard work for an old guy like me! So, I'm guessing here, but sounds like they at charging you retail on the parts to make up for the shortage on hours from the flat rate book. Do you have a pix of the rear rotor set up?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 08:46 AM   #16

Just to add another data point:

On a recent trip, my new TPMS alerted me to a sticking caliper and resulting hot valve stem. There was still pad material left on the original brakes at 100,000 miles but, obviously, it was time for service. I was gonna do the job myself but, at age 78, decided to have complete brake service done at a local shop that I have used for years.

1999 Safari TREK, P-30 chassis
4 new rotors
4 re-manufactured calipers
Premium pads
Brake hoses
Repack front wheel bearings
Spark plug wires
Dist cap & rotor
Cost $2992.64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1959 View Post
2002 Damon Intruder 350 on the Workhorse chassis

Bought 2 months ago. Had under 30k miles. Took it in to have brakes checked. All 4 rotors had cracks in them.. small but many of them.

Rotors: 289 each x 4
Pads: 155 x 2 (per axle)
Axle seals: 350

Labor is 80 per hour x 6

Roughly $2,300.00 including tax

Sound about right?

George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake