Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
grandparving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Brake lights out 2010 Itasca Suncruier

Any help locating brake switch
__________________

__________________
grandparving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
Community Moderator
 
RV Wizard's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.
Posts: 12,062
Hello and . We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
What chassis are you on?
__________________

__________________
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
grandparving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
Hello and . We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted. What chassis are you on?
. Ford
__________________
grandparving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
Community Moderator
 
RV Wizard's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.
Posts: 12,062
I assume you are wanting to install a brake controller. I will look for my cheat sheet today and if you will provide me your email address in a private message I will send you a copy of the brake control pre-wire harness location and wire identification.
__________________
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
grandparving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
I assume you are wanting to install a brake controller. I will look for my cheat sheet today and if you will provide me your email address in a private message I will send you a copy of the brake control pre-wire harness location and wire identification.
Thanks. Eppsr@hotmail.com. I lost all brake lights but have lights, t-signals, e-flashers, etc. all fuses checked out.
__________________
grandparving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #6
Community Moderator
 
RV Wizard's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.
Posts: 12,062
Have you checked the fuses under the dash near the floor and on the firewall thru the front engine hood? Brake switch might be the last thing to check if the fuses are good and you have power feeding them. The info I have is a wiring harness that would be used to feed a brake controller with a wire from the cold side of the brake switch (sometimes a separate set of points than used for lights) to activate the brake controller. I will send it to you anyway; just in case it is something you can use now or in the future.
__________________
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
grandparving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
Have you checked the fuses under the dash near the floor and on the firewall thru the front engine hood? Brake switch might be the last thing to check if the fuses are good and you have power feeding them. The info I have is a wiring harness that would be used to feed a brake controller with a wire from the cold side of the brake switch (sometimes a separate set of points than used for lights) to activate the brake controller. I will send it to you anyway; just in case it is something you can use now or in the future.
I have checked all those fuses. Thanks for the help. Scheduled into repair facility next week so if I can't find it they can work on it. Just try and do Minor things myself. Thanks again.
__________________
grandparving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
gemini5362's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,078
I am not an expert but it is a place to start. All of the brake switches I have ever seen are either a switch that is pushed in by the brake pedal itself or a pressure switch on the hydraulic cylinder. Have you checked those two places. And by the way the switch on the brake pedal inside under the dash is by far the most common
__________________
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
grandparving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
I am not an expert but it is a place to start. All of the brake switches I have ever seen are either a switch that is pushed in by the brake pedal itself or a pressure switch on the hydraulic cylinder. Have you checked those two places. And by the way the switch on the brake pedal inside under the dash is by far the most common
I was unable to locate any switch around the pedal. When you depress the pedal there is a sound like air brakes being activated. The switch on the hydraulic cylinder might make such a noise? When I get to the bottom I'll let you know.
__________________

__________________
grandparving is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.