Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #1

Angry brake problems

brake pedal does not return all the way up. rear brakes stay on. brakes seem to be drag. manuel push brake up with foot and drag seem to go away
bigeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
bigeagle welcome to irv2.
You didn't what chassis you have or the year of your coach.
There is a recall for the Workhorse braking system and if you have a Ford go to dealer and have it checked out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeagle View Post
brake pedal does not return all the way up. rear brakes stay on. brakes seem to be drag. manuel push brake up with foot and drag seem to go away
Check the pedal assembly, seems like there is a bind somewhere. May be a little rust in a joint.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you do have a Workhorse you maybe having this problem with the BELL CRANK and needs this fix.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #5

The moterhome is 2003 condor made by r vision on a chev workhorse with 8.1 eng
Old 02-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
2003 is a Workhorse chassis and it should be covered under the recall. First you should go to Workhorse.com and regester your chassis under your name and find out if it is covered. Then find a Workhorse service center near you and have them check it. The problem is most likely the pivot shaft in the brake pedal linkage that needs to be lubed and is some times hard to get to but this may have caused other damage to the brakes that would be covered under the call back.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Although I did not experience the problem I drilled, tapped, and installed a grease fitting on the bell crank/pilot shaft tube.
Workhorse went standard with the fitting sometime after my chassis was built in mid 2003.

The recall does not address this issue - it involves replacing the calipers but if it hasn't been done on your coach I would get it done for sure.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
Although I did not experience the problem I drilled, tapped, and installed a grease fitting on the bell crank/pilot shaft tube.
Workhorse went standard with the fitting sometime after my chassis was built in mid 2003.

The recall does not address this issue - it involves replacing the calipers but if it hasn't been done on your coach I would get it done for sure.
Ditto.

Greg & Lynn (Full-Timing)
2011 Phaeton 42 QBH / Spartan Chassis
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #9

I checked workhorse recall list. and it is not for a p32 chassis. Could a diaphragm in the power booster cause this problem if it leaks??
Old 02-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #10

With this cold weather now it is going to have to get warm before I continue on this project.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #11

Anyone have IDEAS as to how if any the hyd booster sys would have any effect on the return of the brake peddle
Old 02-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check the master cylinder brake fluid reservoir for contamination. I have seen unknowledgeable service stations add oil to the brake fluid reservoir which will expand the seals in the brake system and cause the brakes to drag.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote